Email Hosting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Hosting question

This week, we are finally doing the final steps to switch our store from Volusion to 3dCart. I've got a question about the email servers though...

Right now, we have our Domain MX email records pointing to the Google Apps servers, Google hosts our domain email instead of Volusion. Can I continue to do that (i.e. will all email functionality through the new 3dC store work properly if it's set up this way?) or will I need to change that when we switch over our DNS settings?

If you currently manage your own DNS, then simply point the www. and domain record to the IP given on the welcome email, you can keep the MX records as they are.

If you would like 3dcart to manage your DNS, and you are going to point your DNS to DNS1.3dcart.com, DNS2.3dcart.com and DNS3.3dcart.com, then you are going to want to contact support to change the MX records on the 3dcart DNS so that once you switch the DNS the MX points correctly.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil, thanks for that info. One more question... where would I need to point the FTP record?

Comment

You don't need a ftp.YOURDOMAIN.com, but if you would like to set one up, you can point it to the same ip of your store.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks again GonzaloGil, I've got it all set up and both the email and the domain name records appear to be working fine. I tested FTP access and it works too, so hopefully I'm good to go! Thanks so much! :)

Comment

Working...
          X