Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Our Price" higher than "Retail Price" - Workaround?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Our Price" higher than "Retail Price" - Workaround?

Does anyone have a workaround for this?
    1. Product displays
    - "Retail price" = $40.00.
    - "Our price"= $35.00

2. A size upgrade will be $10.00 more.
    - "Size = Large (+10.00)"

3. Product displays
    - "Retail price" = $40.00.
    - "Our price"= $45.00

Now the customer thinks you are selling the product for MORE than the retail price. Tech support suggests "base retail price" as workaround. My customers don't read that closely. They'll just think we're charging more than retail.

Does anyone have a suggestion or workaround that they've used?
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Have you figured out a way to get around this options/retail price/savings issue?

Thank you for any advice.

Comment

Unfortunately not. I think we may be losing some customers because of it. We get calls on it and that means other customers who have the same impression aren't calling for clarification and just leaving.
      kem
      AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Suggestion: Change the label "Retail Price" to "Base Price"
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
          Suggestion: Change the label "Retail Price" to "Base Price"
          LOL. Elegant Weddings, we have to stop meeting like this. I'm not sure which thread we should use so I'm picking this one. Base price doesn't work for us. The customer doesn't pay attention to the word "base". All they see is that we are selling above the base or retail price. I know this because for a while, we used "base" and still received calls.

I should add a comment that is not intended to offend 3Dcart. This feature may be too hard for 3dcart to implement. I'm not a software guru but they're having problems fixing things, may be understaffed, or not know how to do this.
          Last edited by kem; 12-09-2011, 12:33 PM.
          kem
          AddressNumbers.com

Comment

I only suggested as a temporary workaround, not a permanent solution.
            It is better to see Base Price or Starting price as label than Retail price and see that price they pay may be higher. Buyer will see the label if the see there is a price difference.
            Elegant Weddings +
            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
              I only suggested as a temporary workaround, not a permanent solution.
              It is better to see Base Price or Starting price as label than Retail price and see that price they pay may be higher. Buyer will see the label if the see there is a price difference.
              Yes, I understand and appreciate it. Afterall, I did ask for a workaround and not a solution. I'd kind of given up on a fix.
              kem
              AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Working...
              X