Setting up 3dcarts mail to work on Apple's Mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up 3dcarts mail to work on Apple's Mail

I am trying to sync my 3dcart email account, so it shows up in my Mail.

I can receive emails that are sent to it but I cannot send out, can anyone that has done this share their settings with me.

Thanks

Sure, we have all of our 3d mail accounts set up on Macs and iPhones. It works just fine. The incoming and outgoing mail server should be: mail.3dcartstores.com, and we use port 143, authentication is password, and uses the same password as we have set up through the 3d mail system itself. The username should be the email address you are setting up.

What error message are you getting?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

thanks got it working, for the outgoing I only had the username not the full email address (works for incoming, but not outgoing)

One more question.
      I have the email account synced to MacMail and also my iphone. When I read an email on one it still shows as a new email on the other. If I change the option to remove once read, it completely removes the email from the server and doesn't even appear in the old/read messages. Is this a limitation of the POP server? cause I know with other email accounts I have if you read them, it just marks as read in the others.

Comment

Yes, the POP setup is not as functional that way as an IMAP account. It would be so much better if the 3d email was IMAP. I actually set our accounts up as IMAP even though it is POP. Doing that has helped a little-now when I read messages on the computer it does mark them as read on the iPhone, but it doesn't usually work the other way around. We still have to clear the messages on the computer if they were opened on the iPhone.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

oh thanks, I would be ok with that. Don't mind clearing messages on the computer, since I would have to take care of orders etc on the computer anyway.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X