Wholesale Customer Group Only Quantity Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wholesale Customer Group Only Quantity Discounts

Anyone have any suggestions on how to offer quantity discounts on certain products to folks in particular customer groups/price levels?

The Product-Info-Advanced tab lets you set pricing for particular price levels, AND there is a "min quantity" and "allow only multiples" area but that would apply to the product in general and not just to folks in a particular price group.

And I reeeeeally don't want to have to set up a "promotion" for every single product which is the way it's looking.

Here's the scenario: I regularly sell a widget for $10.00, a gizmo for $15.00, and a whatsit for $20.00. I want to be able to offer these items at a lower price to wholesale customers who order them in quantity.

Wholesale pricing would be as follows: widgets are wholesale priced at $5.00 if they buy 10 at a time; gizmos are wholesale priced at $8.00 if bought 12 at a time; whatsits are wholesale priced at $10.00 if bought 4 at a time.

Any ideas as to how I'd set this up? I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is a promotion that applies only to the wholesale cust group but the promo can only be for a particular product. That doesn't seem too bad for 3 make believe products but for a product catalog...not so good.

Thanks!

P.S. The quantity discount in some cases doesn't apply to, for instance 10 or MORE widgets. It would be 10 at a time since they are sold as cases at wholesale. In other instances, 10 or more would be fine.
    Last edited by JustPoppin; 11-28-2010, 02:54 PM.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you want to do, but we accomplish this using the Price Level feature. For example, our wholesale group is Price Level 3, so for the wholesale bulk pricing we set up the quantities required for price level 3, and for retail we have different prices listed under price level one. The retail customers see one price structure (level 1) and wholesale customers see another (level 3) price. Does that not do what you need?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
      our wholesale group is Price Level 3, so for the wholesale bulk pricing we set up the quantities required for price level 3,
      That's the part I can't figure out - the setting up the quantities for price level 3. I see on the Advanced tab that it's easy enough to enter different prices for the different levels in the list at the bottom of the page. But I can't see where I can set that price to be in effect, only for a specific minimum quantity at the same time only for a specific customer group.

Thanks.

Comment

We just add pricing for all the price levels we have, and they show automatically on the listing pages. So we have entered a different set of prices for the various quantity ranges at levels one, two, and three. We have ourselves registered for accounts at all of our price levels so we can check ourselves to make sure they all display properly, and haven't had any problems yet.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Customer Specific Pricing

I think what you mean is customer specific pricing, we used this in Actinic...

Essentially a customer will be part of a pricing group such as Wholesale, but you want to offer a specific customer (or customers) a price list unique them based upon a pricing group.

For example John Smith is part of the Wholesale group, but he has an agreed price for widgets at $12.00 when he buys an MOQ of 100 units.

Am I on the right track?

Comment

Originally posted by davidwills View Post
            I think what you mean is customer specific pricing, we used this in Actinic...

Essentially a customer will be part of a pricing group such as Wholesale, but you want to offer a specific customer (or customers) a price list unique them based upon a pricing group.

For example John Smith is part of the Wholesale group, but he has an agreed price for widgets at $12.00 when he buys an MOQ of 100 units.

Am I on the right track?
            Yup.
            And you do realize this is a 3 year old thread, right ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by JustPoppin View Post
              Yup.
              And you do realize this is a 3 year old thread, right ;-)
              Better late than never...lol
              TheCartDesigner.com
              Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
              100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X