Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

"Almost" hidden products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Almost" hidden products

Hello,

Is there a way to hide a product from the general public, but send a url link to someone to be able to view it and add it to their cart? We have custom items that we offer, that we only want the person who requested it to be able to see. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!
    Andy Lawniczak
    www.CustomTractSource.com

hiding products

i think i have your answer. if you go to the product in the admin on the information page towards the middle you'll see hide under options on the right. if you click that box and save it. it'll hide it. when you want to send it to a customer to view you'll find the link under the advance tab and at the bottom is the link for the product.

Comment

Doesn't quite work...

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping that would be how things would work, but unfortunately it does not. After I hide the product and use the direct link to get to it, it sends me back to our main store page. Try it and see what happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomTractSource View Post
        Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping that would be how things would work, but unfortunately it does not. After I hide the product and use the direct link to get to it, it sends me back to our main store page. Try it and see what happens.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
        sorry. it worked for me. it gave me a link of storename.com/product.asp?itemid=1588 and when i put that in a browser it took me to that product's page.

you can ask tech support by using live chat

Comment

Originally posted by tigger View Post
          sorry. it worked for me. it gave me a link of storename.com/product.asp?itemid=1588 and when i put that in a browser it took me to that product's page.

you can ask tech support by using live chat
          Originally posted by CustomTractSource View Post
          Thanks for your reply.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
          i TRIED AS WELL AND AGREE, IT GOES TO THE MAIN PAGE. I WOULD ALSO LIKE THIS TYPE OF FEATURE OR EVEN IF IT CAN NOT BE DONE, A PASSWORD ON A CUSTOM LINK TO LIMIT WHO SEES THE ITEM. WE DESIGN UNIQUE ITEMS AND EACH QUOTE IS DIFFERENT BASED ON CUSTOMER REQUIREMENTS AND SUCH.

TO CREATE A LINK FOR ONLY 1 PERSON WOULD BE OUTSTANDING. THIS WAY WE CAN KEEP THE GENERAL PUBLIC OFF IT AND ALLOW THE CORRECT EYES TO VIEW AND PURCHASE.

LET ME KNOW WHAT OR HOW THIS CAN BE DONE...IF NOT TODAY, PERHAPS AN UPDATE.

THANKS

Comment

You could give your customer a special user type and only access to those special users through the advanced page. A more difficult workaround; but one nonetheless. NOTE: I have not tried this.

jhb

Comment

You can do this by using customer groups and pricing levels. I don't know of another way to do it.

Create a customer group for special orders, and under your product's Advanced tab>General Options select Login required to view product and Allow Access to whichever customer group you created. You would have assigned a price level (other than 1) to the customer group when you created it, so check the box for Hide on This Level for every level other than the one you assigned to the group. The price in this level needs to be set to the correct price or they can buy it for $0.

Your customer will have to login on your website before they try to access the product's link, but once they're logged in they can view the product by pasting the link in their browser.

I use this to offer wholesale products to my wholesale customers and it works just fine. Also, if you assign the product to a category, they can find it by browsing to the category after they've logged in. If it's hidden on other price levels your other customers won't see it at all - it's only available to logged in customers of that specific price level.

Hope that makes sense!

Comment

HTML vs. ASP

I'm pretty sure the reason that those of you who cannot get the hidden item to appear by using the link at the bottom of the item's "advanced" tab, is because your store is in html mode instead of asp mode.

The link generated at the bottom of the "advanced" tab contains an asp reference. If you've enabled html mode because you want static pages (much easier for search engines to index), then you'll have to figure out the page's html name.

If you aren't tech saavy, the simplest way for you to do this is to:
                Add the item.
                Find the item in your store and copy what appears in the address bar of your web browser.
                Hide the item.

If you use the link you copied from the address bar, you can get to your hidden item.
                Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

I just put up a "hidden" product by:
                  No category (my other products have categories)
                  make it non- searchable
                  Get the link from the advanced tab.

Using this link in email blast

That's it

Comment

Working...
                  X