Which HTML file is being used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which HTML file is being used?

I am working on setting up a new store and have the frame.html finished. My home page will show the "Featured Products" My question is which .html file is used for this? home.html is not the one as any changes to this file have no effect.

There isn't a featured product.html file or anything like it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Ken

Try SETTINGS>DESIGN>TITLES & CONTENT
    I think that's where you can edit certain global pages.

Comment

Thanks, Mark. But that page 'Home' doesn't have the code for the page. It is just for the header, footer, keywords and meta tags.

These won't change the code for the page and I need to adjust the very first table on the home.html page but the one listed under SETTINGS>DESIGNS>THEMES & STYLES is not the one being used.

In order to change the table I need the .html file that is being used. If it helps any the template I am using is v30035.

Thanks,
      Ken

Comment

It is home.html, at least on my website. Check out beta.aebike.com
        The "Welcome" and "Featured Items" sections are from my home.html

Here is the entire contents of my home.html file:
        http://pastebin.com/6WBNu09s

Comment

You could try SETTINGS>DESGIN>SITE CONTENT and check the settings for your home page. Perhaps you are using the wrong frame file? Need to change that to match your new frame file. Or, thry the home.html file in the template editor in the v30035 folder.

Comment

CBSteven, thanks. That is interesting how you did that with your coding. Clean and simple. Did you code that yourself or do you use an editor?

I have actually changed my home.html file but it is not making changes to the displayed page.

I just tried changing it again and the changes just took place. I am not sure what was going on.

Thanks to you and Mark for helping.

Ken

Comment

Thanks. I did it by hand. I've re-done virtually every HTML file in the template to have cleaner code and be W3C compliant. See this thread for some more info:

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...-opinions.html

Comment

You need to go to SETTINGS>STORE SETTINGS and scroll down to clear the cache for recent changes to show up. HTH

Comment

CBSTEVEN. What does your CSS Look like for the <div class="homecontent">?
                  I want to put content in the same place you did on my home page. For some reason it seems like just putting things into the home.html file is not working for me!?

Comment

Originally posted by coastairbrush View Post
                    CBSTEVEN. What does your CSS Look like for the <div class="homecontent">?
                    I want to put content in the same place you did on my home page. For some reason it seems like just putting things into the home.html file is not working for me!?

It's nothing special. Just something modifying the look of the <h#> header tags. You can inspect it with your browsers View Source or firebug on Firefox.

Comment

Working...
                    X