Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login link & template "variables"?

Hello,

Does anyone know if this a login link available like 'www.store.com/login.asp' that once logged in would redirect customer to homepage or such?

I know you can use 'www.store.com/myaccount.asp' but once logged it sends customer to their account everytime.

Also....

Is there a list available of all the "variables" or whatever there referred to that 3dcart uses throughout the templates to display database content?

I am referring to [ITEMSINCART], [account_greeting], [username], etc....

Many thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by stevekem; 02-04-2011, 11:16 PM.

Bumping this up as no one has responded to Steve's post....

I too would like to know if there is a list of all the available code blocks and field names which I can use to customize my listing templates.

In the knowledgebase there is an article called "Customizing Templates: Introduction to 3DCart templates" and, in reference to Field Names, it says:
    "Each page has a set of variables that can be printed, please revise the notes for each template to get a list of these."
    ...so it sounds like there is a list somewhere, but I don't know what they mean by "revise the notes...to get a list"

It seems like there should be a code block and field name for every field (or group of fields) in my product listing (gallery images and captions are the ones I personally would like to get at so I can display more than four images per item). So where is that list?

Actually, while I'm on the subject, are there more advanced knowledgebase articles available to help with customizing my site?

thanks--mimib

Comment

Originally posted by mimib View Post
      Bumping this up as no one has responded to Steve's post....

I too would like to know if there is a list of all the available code blocks and field names which I can use to customize my listing templates.

In the knowledgebase there is an article called "Customizing Templates: Introduction to 3DCart templates" and, in reference to Field Names, it says:
      "Each page has a set of variables that can be printed, please revise the notes for each template to get a list of these."
      ...so it sounds like there is a list somewhere, but I don't know what they mean by "revise the notes...to get a list"

It seems like there should be a code block and field name for every field (or group of fields) in my product listing (gallery images and captions are the ones I personally would like to get at so I can display more than four images per item). So where is that list?

Actually, while I'm on the subject, are there more advanced knowledgebase articles available to help with customizing my site?

thanks--mimib

Actually I found the list in case anyone else is looking for it as well. It's more of guide that lists all code blocks and field names for each page. It's about as accurate as were gonna get I guess:

http://www.3dcart.com/guide/
      Last edited by stevekem; 02-04-2011, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Wow! Brilliant! Where did you find that? That's way more info than I have found in all my poking around. Thanks --mimib

Comment

Originally posted by mimib View Post
          Wow! Brilliant! Where did you find that? That's way more info than I have found in all my poking around. Thanks --mimib
          I got frustrated and eventually emailed support and they provided the link. I wish it was more easily noticeable in the knowledgebase :)

Comment

I am also very interested in redirecting the logged in visitor to my home page and not thier account page. Anyone figure this out?

Comment

I am also very interested in redirecting the logged in visitor to my home page and not thier account page. Anyone figure this out?

Comment

I believe it is very simple:

<input type="hidden" name="returnurl" id="myReturnURL" value="/">

You may need to experiment with different values (like the full address rather than /)

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                  I believe it is very simple:

<input type="hidden" name="returnurl" id="myReturnURL" value="/">

You may need to experiment with different values (like the full address rather than /)
                  That worked great...THANKS!

Comment

Can I ask where you inserted this code? I placed into login-account.asp without success.

Comment

Working...
                    X