Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are USPS real time rates displaying in your checkout today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are USPS real time rates displaying in your checkout today?

Starting last night, the real time USPS rates have not been displaying in Step 2 of checkout. Wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and also give a head's up to everyone if it's a system wide problem. I know USPS did some updates yesterday to their system with rate changes and so I'm wondering if that's affecting our store's ability to connect to them. I've already submitted a ticket to support about this. We're losing orders because of it. :mad:

Received the following in response to my support request:

"There is currently an issue with USPS returning rates. We are working diligently with the team at USPS to resolve this problem as soon as possible. I do apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience on the matter.

We will definitely let you know as soon as a solution has been reached."

Comment

Came here to ask about this issue. I am setting up my store and was tinkering in the shipping settings and thought I broke something.

Piaf - didnt you come from Volusion? I was Vista in the forums over there.

Comment

Hiya Vista/Rburton34, yep, it's the same Piaf from back in Volusion. I've been live on 3dCart for a little over a month now. Glad to see you made the switch! :D

Comment

You operate wicca..... site correct? I have been watching your search rankings since you moved and didnt see any drop in rankings so I asked in the V forums if anyone had any experience with 3D just to check things out a little more before I decided to move. Dave banned me for mentioning 3D, apparently its no longer acceptable to mention other carts. When that happened I decided to make the move here.

Been here 4 days and still learning/building. Hoping to go live within a month or so.

Comment

USPS beind down is seriously affecting our sales today.

By the way, we saw no real affect on SEO during our switch to 3dcart. Didn't drop at all.

Comment

USPS issue seems to be affecting every store, we've contacted USPS and are waiting a response. It does appear to be related to an API change which we had worked on and tested but something must have changed at the last minute. Not the first time USPS makes a change like this unfortunately :(, in the mean time you could use the other shipping methods or create a custom (by price/by weight) until this is resolved.

I presume we should be able to get this squared away tomorrow once our USPS contact gets in touch with us. I'll update the thread as soon as we know more.
              ----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks GonzaloGil.

Yeah wcsjohn, this is hurting our sales today too. We have a lot of inexpensive items in our store and the 8.00+ UPS Ground rates are a big turnoff when the product total is in the $20.00 range. Sure hope this gets resolved EARLY tomorrow.

Comment

Likewise with the problems. I have received a couple complaints that there were no rates for USPS. I verified it and opened a ticket.

Comment

This wouldn't be nearly as big of a problem if 3dcart added FedEx SmartPost! ;-)

Comment

Anyone had any updates on this issue?

Comment

Hello all.

We have been in contact with USPS and we've found the cause of the problem. This was due to a change made by USPS on their own API service, and was thus affecting many shopping cart providers including 3dcart.

We are currently in the process of releasing a global patch to address the issue and it should be completed within the next hour.

Thank you for your patience and for notifying us of the situation.

:)

Comment

Nothing received from support so far today. Yesterday afternoon I got a message saying "We are still working on this issue with USPS, but have not yet been given an ETA. We will respond again as soon as additional information is available."

Comment

Thanks for the update Henry, this is good news. :)

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X