Setting default listing template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting default listing template?

How do we set the default listing template for products? I know we can manually set them in the Advanced tab but how do we make say listing template 4 the default when uploading products?

Thanks,
    Ken

What I did was download a copy of the listing template I wanted, as well as a backup of my template directory. On the downloaded files, renamed the original "listing_0.html" file to "listing_0.html.old" then renamed the template I wanted as "listing_0.html" and uploaded it back to the site.

Comment

Burnspot,

Thanks. I thought of doing that too. I did that on my other site but this site I need to use two different listing templates and so I need to set the template default by the category.

I think I found it. It is on the Product>Categories>Options>Advanced

What I thought happened is that once this is set for the parent category it would also be set for any sub categories. But it seems it is not and I have to manually set each category and sub category. It is more work for me this way but it works for the products.

Ken

Comment

Yea, there is the advanced category settings. When doing mine, I wanted one version for the entire site (the template with product price and other info to the right of the product image) and there's no setting, that I see, where that can be done (you'd think there would be).

Comment

Working...
        X