Question about discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about discounts

I offer similar items, ie, dream catchers, where the only difference is the design and want customers to be able to mix and match the various designs in order to get to the discount level.

Right now when I create the discount for an item, it is just for that item. Customers can not mix and match. I want them to get the discount when buying say, 4 of one catcher, 3 of another and 5 of a third style instead of only getting that discount when buying 12 of the SAME style. Is there a way to do this, to associate all the various SKU's to that discount? Or better yet, all items from a certain category?

Yep, you have to create your "base" item, then create your individual options for that base item in the Options tab and set your individual SKU's for your options using the Advanced Options button at the top of the options page (see here for instructions https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...articleid=413). Go to the Discount tab to set up your quantity pricing (see https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=359 for instructions). THEN, go to the advanced tab, and click on the box that says "Group Options for Qty. Pricing". That checkbox makes it do what you're wanting it to do. :)
    Last edited by piaf; 01-09-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

That wont work for me. I need to be able to allow every item in a category to share the discount so users have the ability to mix and match. Ie, our fleece blankets category may hold 50-60 different styles and I want users to be able to mix and match all the styles.

Can create one blanket with 50+ options for the various styles. My categories would be empty! Same with candle warmers and oil warmers.

I need a discount to include all items in a particular category.

Comment

It sounds like you need to create some category specific promotions. We do that on occasion, where we may have a buy-one, get-one sale for certain products. In the Marketing section, you can create promos that apply only to certain products or categories, so that is how I would proceed in your case.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I have the same problem...

I will have hundred of garments that I want to discount quantities by category - just enter the Single piece price and hae the discounts calculated across the category for 2 to 12, 13 to 47, etc. Have to do it individually.

I found out that you cannot create Category Discounts. Discounts must be entered on the product level. This is a feature that I have requested be implemented in the next release.

Also, Promotions will not work for discounts, because you can't use a "minus" figure in Promotions.

Furthermore, discounts will not work properly if you try to use the Options approach for the Category - the discount will not be calculated correctly. Please see the following from Gonzalo Gil to me last week:

"Hi Edward,

I see what you are looking for and we’ve run into this in the past with a couple other clients (mainly those that deal with Printing, were they have add-ons to products such as multi color ink that is discounted over quantity)
          The only other thing I can think of is that quantity discounts can be set to apply to options as well, so, if you said for example that you get 10% off if you purchased 12 or more, then the $4.75 would get a discount of $0.48, (not quite what you are looking for but you get the idea).

The issue I see is that the discount would apply to both the option and the price so it might not work for you.

Do you also give discounts on the quantity of t-shirts purchased? Could we perhaps configure it so that the quantity discount only applies to the option price, and not the item price itself?"

So, if they can add this feature, Category Discounts, they would have a huge gap on their competition, in my estimation.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
            That wont work for me. I need to be able to allow every item in a category to share the discount so users have the ability to mix and match. Ie, our fleece blankets category may hold 50-60 different styles and I want users to be able to mix and match all the styles.

I do this now with my thread options. I have over 400 colors of thread and they are divided into four products:

http://www.cobwebcorner.com/ThreadFloss_c_133.html

I use the Promotion Manager and created 4 different discount levels. Each discount kicks in when the customer has reached the correct QUANTITY of overall threads purchased. Works like a charm.

The discount is just applied to the overall THREAD category. If you view one of the thread product details you can see a description of the type of price break the customer will receive.
            C Ekman
            Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
            http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Working...
            X