Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor Tracking

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi All
    Yes the stats in woopra are great.

    We use the multi page checkout.
    We have had an on going problem with customers unable to checkout.
    Or at least very difficult. This has been speratic.
    We have had alot of step3 update country. The problem was the billing address not populating at all and the system not remembering the shipping address.

    After removing the woopra code this has now been fixed. Hopefully sales will go back up now.

    We are going to miss woopra but sales are more important.
    .
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Go Live View Post
      Hi All
      Yes the stats in woopra are great.

      We use the multi page checkout.
      We have had an on going problem with customers unable to checkout.
      Or at least very difficult. This has been speratic.
      We have had alot of step3 update country. The problem was the billing address not populating at all and the system not remembering the shipping address.

      After removing the woopra code this has now been fixed. Hopefully sales will go back up now.

      We are going to miss woopra but sales are more important.
      That is odd. I can't imagine why the Woopra code would interfere with checkout. Did you have the code installed in the footer of your frame? What did Woopra tech support say? They are really responsive.
      Laura Z
      Brass & Silver Traditions
      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Hi Laura

        Yes we had the code in the frame footer. After we discovered the culprit of our problem I did try the right banner as this disappears while in the checkout process but the code doesn't work at all in that location.
        I did contact woopra support last night and described what was going on.
        I made this post in case others noticed the same problem. I have had a support ticket on this with 3dcart with no answers.

        Check your sales, stats, checkout-step3-update country you should not see alot of this as most people bill and ship to the same address. If you receive phone calls or replies to not completed orders stating they were not able to checkout.

        These warnings may not be user error. This problem has been unpredictable for us and we do have alot of Java script. What I know for sure is we removed the woopra code and all is good again.
        (this may be a exclusive problem to our template and the other java script that I am running. But in the name of sales very noteworthy)

        Good Luck
        .
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Go Live View Post
          Hi Laura

          Yes we had the code in the frame footer. After we discovered the culprit of our problem I did try the right banner as this disappears while in the checkout process but the code doesn't work at all in that location.
          I did contact woopra support last night and described what was going on.
          I made this post in case others noticed the same problem. I have had a support ticket on this with 3dcart with no answers.

          Check your sales, stats, checkout-step3-update country you should not see alot of this as most people bill and ship to the same address. If you receive phone calls or replies to not completed orders stating they were not able to checkout.

          These warnings may not be user error. This problem has been unpredictable for us and we do have alot of Java script. What I know for sure is we removed the woopra code and all is good again.
          (this may be a exclusive problem to our template and the other java script that I am running. But in the name of sales very noteworthy)

          Good Luck
          Hey Go Live,

          I got your voicemail regarding our Woopra code (I still have to work another job, thus voicemail for now, lol). I wasn't really understanding exactly what was happening with your implementation of it, but after hearing your message, I pulled the Woopra code out until this story plays out. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

          I'll have to see what Woopra says.

          Comment


          • #20
            OK I went to a fellow user site that is using the multi page checkout.
            http://www.world-of-replicas.com
            And was not able to checkout.
            So we can now confirm that the problem is the woopra code when using multi page.

            The single page checkout seems to not be affected.
            .
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Go Live View Post
              OK I went to a fellow user site that is using the multi page checkout.
              http://www.world-of-replicas.com
              And was not able to checkout.
              So we can now confirm that the problem is the woopra code when using multi page.

              The single page checkout seems to not be affected.
              Only a problem when someone wants to use different billing/shipping information correct? Interesting. Hopefully, Woopra will have some information as to why it's happening and produce a fix...I do like their tools.

              I should add that I compared the Woopra code I pulled off our site to the latest code listed in our Woopra account and they match...so there's been no interim update or something that I've missed.
              Last edited by Burnspot; 02-16-2011, 11:00 AM. Reason: Added info about Woopra code matching latest version

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Burnspot View Post
                Hey Go Live,

                I got your voicemail regarding our Woopra code (I still have to work another job, thus voicemail for now, lol). I wasn't really understanding exactly what was happening with your implementation of it, but after hearing your message, I pulled the Woopra code out until this story plays out. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

                I'll have to see what Woopra says.
                Just hate to see any of us lose sale (I spend $500-$700 a week in adwords and this payed traffic needs to be able to checkout) Our site has been bringing in 50% it's norm for 18 days now. I am just trilled to of found the problem so we can move forward with sales.

                Burnspot just saw your other post while writing this. (No all are affected, the billing info is blank and the ship to country is Afghanistan) So your customer would retype there info and when they change the country it all goes blank again. (It is amazing that after going through this loop that some folks were making our dysfunctional site work, by selecting country first)
                .
                Clayton
                Go Live Industries

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                  Just hate to see any of us lose sale (I spend $500-$700 a week in adwords and this payed traffic needs to be able to checkout) Our site has been bringing in 50% it's norm for 18 days now. I am just trilled to of found the problem so we can move forward with sales.

                  Burnspot just saw your other post while writing this. (No all are affected, the billing info is blank and the ship to country is Afghanistan) So your customer would retype there info and when they change the country it all goes blank again. (It is amazing that after going through this loop that some folks were making our dysfunctional site work, by selecting country first)
                  Guess that might explain the extreme time it took for a fella to check out the other day (had been tracking their progress)! I only recently switched back to a multi-page checkout after researching the pros and cons of single page. ;)

                  I appreciate the heads up!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I should add that while checking out we are creating a new account.
                    I made it easy for both Laura and burnspot to delete the account I created while testing by using the letter a as name.
                    .
                    Clayton
                    Go Live Industries

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                      I should add that while checking out we are creating a new account.
                      I made it easy for both Laura and burnspot to delete the account I created while testing by using the letter a as name.
                      Heh, not really an issue for us at the moment...still just a babe of a store, but thanks. :D

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yes, we are using one page checkout, and it isn't a problem for us at all. I am sure Woopra will get that corrected quickly though.
                        Laura Z
                        Brass & Silver Traditions
                        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Now for you true mavericks that insist on using the multi-page checkout.
                          You can always put the woopra code in the footer of the home, listing, category, and other main site pages. (just not the frame or checkout pages)
                          We like to view the checkout funnel in Google Analytics anyway.

                          Being able to see the customer navigation and on site search terms has been priceless. We have already responded by relocating some categories and adding more product to heavily visited areas. This info gives us more insight then simple page views.

                          Lots to do.
                          Have a great day!
                          .
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Go Live, I saw your post in Woopra's forums (talk about a maze, lol) and simply chimed in on it. I also noticed a post about Volusion's forms breaking with Woopra code as well. Should be fun to see how it works out...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Burnspot View Post
                              Go Live, I saw your post in Woopra's forums (talk about a maze, lol) and simply chimed in on it. I also noticed a post about Volusion's forms breaking with Woopra code as well. Should be fun to see how it works out...
                              Ya 2 days now and no response. So we're moving forward and not looking back as most of these companies do anyway.

                              I took the route of the maverick and only put the code in the footer of 3 pages (home, category, and listing) thats good enough for me. I'm not to concerned about watching someone go to our about us page and what not. Sure should a visitor go to another page then back to a trackable page that would count as an additional visit. So we ignore the visit history in woopra for that reason. (I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time placing the woopra code should it change latter)

                              Looking at the code it does make perfect sense as to the conflict (both the woopra tracking and bill to update portion.

                              Tip: While we don't care to use the chat feature, we are taking advantage of the chat message to display the following on the bottom of the site:
                              Need Assistance Call 1-800-123-4567
                              .
                              Clayton
                              Go Live Industries

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                If I go to Settings > Design > Titles & Content and the edit the Home page, the Category page, and the Listing page and put the Woopra code in the footer sections of those edit screens, the Woopra code does NOT show up when I view the source for those page. (This is after I've cleared the cache to update the content of the page)

                                Edit: No wait, the category page is NOT showing the woopra code when viewing the source, but the home page and listing page ARE showing the code. So does the Category footer not work correctly if you use the Titles & Content to change it?
                                Last edited by piaf; 02-18-2011, 12:53 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X