Vacation Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Mode

Is there a way to put a store in a vacation mode? Or have a global message stating we're unable to process orders, yada yada yada?

My best,
    Dana

I usually put a message on the product details page, shopping cart, and contact us page that we'll still accept orders but they will not be processed until xx/xx/xxxx. I've seen some people use hovers that drop down when someone lands on the page

Comment

I would put something in the global header stating something like "No orders will be shipped between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx click here for details." Then add a link to a custom page with a message about being on vacation.

You can do this by going to your admin section Settings -> Design -> Header And Footer and then enter the message in the Global Header section.

The only problem with this is if you put any text in the Global Header section it will override the store logo you have selected under the Store Name And Logo section.
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Thanks!!

This is the first time since I have been in business (1999) that I am going away without my laptop!

My best,
        Dana

Comment

it's very freeing. have fun!!!

Comment

Thanks! I am actually quite resistant to it. I ALWAYS have my laptop and cell phone with me...ALWAYS. We are taking a cruise, and they have internet access and computers onboard, so I may be able to check emails, we'll see what my family lets me get away with!

I put the notice in red on my homepage and also on the first page of checkout. I think that should do it.

My best,
            Dana

Comment

I suppose you could also make it a "check out question?" Force a customer to see the message prior to accepting their order??

...I understand that my order(s) placed between xx/xx/xxxx and xx/xx/xxxx will be shipped on or about xx/xx/xxxx because Dana is cruisin' the high seas!

~fr_k

Comment

I just create a checkout question that states when the order will be shipped (when I'm back from vaca). Just like F&F.

Comment

Working...
                X