Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W3C Templates

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • W3C Templates

    Has anyone been able get their templates validated? I keep trying new templates, but they all still have errors. I was told in 3.2.2 the templates would be updated, but have not seen a change yet. Can anyone else check their site or new template..

    thanks

  • #2
    You can easily look at the code for all the templates and not a single one will validate. None of 3dcarts templates are W3C compliant. It's just not true. I don't know why they would even consider advertising a lie.

    The first thing to look for is all the missing alt tags and empty alt tags. then look just a little further and there are all kinds of problems.

    It takes days of work to fix 3dcart templates to be compliant. If they would have made them that way to begin with it would be nice. But advertising something that is false is legally wrong. They better either fix the templates fast or stop making that claim. Someone will get pissed about it when they sign up and then find out they were lied to.

    I don't worry about it on my sites as none of their templates are worth keeping as is anyway. I rework them all so I fix the thousands of errors as I go through. I would have to do this even if the templates were W3C compliant so for me it doesn't matter. But someone will get them in trouble you wait and see.

    Even if they don't get caught by the authorities their reputation will be ruined. Once it gets out they are lying about this everyone will wonder what else they are being dishonest about, like bandwidth usage and so on.

    If anyone at 3dcart reads these posts they need to do something about this quick. All it takes is one person to report this to the FCC or other authorities.

    Comment


    • #3
      We were pretty shocked to have paid for a premium template and find it not only was not W3C compliant, but not xhtml 1.0 transitional either. They seem to have fixed the errors, but still it is a table-based template, very old school....not what we expected. Anyone know of a place to purchase a xhtml template for 3dcart?

      Comment


      • #4
        I Have not found anyone making 3rd party templates for 3dcart. However I have used templates for other carts and modified them to work in 3dcart. It's a lot of work.

        Ken

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shopgirltx View Post
          We were pretty shocked to have paid for a premium template and find it not only was not W3C compliant, but not xhtml 1.0 transitional either. They seem to have fixed the errors, but still it is a table-based template, very old school....not what we expected. Anyone know of a place to purchase a xhtml template for 3dcart?
          W3C compliant does not necessarily mean XHTML compliant. There are W3C standards for XHTML, XHTML transition, HTML 4, HTML 4.01, HTML Transitional, etc. Your site can be any one of these and be W3C compliant

          When recoding our template we found it was impossible to do it XHTML compliant due to some limitations in the template system. You can do an HTML 4.01 strict template that is compliant, for the most part.


          Does anyone have a link to one of the newer templates that is advertised as compliant?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by watchdr View Post
            I Have not found anyone making 3rd party templates for 3dcart. However I have used templates for other carts and modified them to work in 3dcart. It's a lot of work.

            Ken
            Do you have a link to your site? I'd like to look at how you have it set up. I did a lot of work on our template also, beta.aebike.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Also, this place sells 3DCart templates. I checked one out and the home page was XHTML transitional with 21 errors. Probably similar to the new 3DCart-provided templates:

              http://www.myartsdesire.com/3dcarttemplates.asp

              Also, they now have certified designers that can make a custom template, although it will run into $$$:

              http://www.3dcart.com/ecommerce-desi...directory.html

              Comment


              • #8
                I realize the difference between W3C complaint vs. the Xhtml. Just was hoping their paid templates were XHTML.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                  Does anyone have a link to one of the newer templates that is advertised as compliant?
                  When I inquired I was told that all of the templates were now compliant and all you have to do is revert your site back to the default if you are using one of the pre 3.2.2 templates.

                  Of course if you do that and have made changes to your site you'll have to apply the changes again.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                    When I inquired I was told that all of the templates were now compliant and all you have to do is revert your site back to the default if you are using one of the pre 3.2.2 templates.

                    Of course if you do that and have made changes to your site you'll have to apply the changes again.
                    I just started a new site using the "new" templates and they are NOT W3C compliant.

                    Ken

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just created my site 2 weeks ago and I checked it and found...

                      57 Errors, 11 warning(s) on the template.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for the information. I'm glad I haven't gone through the effort of changing over only to find this out.

                        :confused:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                          Thanks for the information. I'm glad I haven't gone through the effort of changing over only to find this out.

                          :confused:
                          The good thing is while I was checking the new site I checked my current site running on Volusion...

                          242 Errors, 6 warning(s) :eek:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've looked at a lot of shopping cart providers and I haven't found any that have default templates that validate 100%. Although my main wish for 3DCart is that they would ditch the <table>-based layout.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Some designers are taking the frame out of tables and using css instead. We then check to see if the frame is compliant. The problem comes with 3d cart's coding on portions that are pulled into the frame. Some of the errors are related to 3d cart's javascripts, which are not XHMTL compliant. Sometimes it is a balancing act of knowing the template will show errors, but the template works beautifully across browsers. We're always trying to make things better!
                              Marsha Bryant
                              Professional Store Templates
                              http://professionalstoretemplates.com
                              3d Cart Designer

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X