X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cashmore
    replied
    doberer, thank you!

I will have another look at Access. Intuitively I felt that working with a copy of the actual store database would be the way to go, using custom queries and such, but my knowledge of Access is pretty basic at this point.

Leave a comment:

• doberer
    replied
    access is extremely powerful, esp for bulk updates, pricing, etc. And it exports the CSV using different queries so if I need to just update a portion of items I can w/o alot of hassle. I created custom modules to make part numbers, pricepoints, etc. the backend is actually an access database so if you knew access reporting you could download a copy of your store and run reports/queries/etc on it. Just don't re-upload the databse to the server.

Leave a comment:

• cashmore
    replied
    Originally posted by doberer View Post
    I do all my bulk changes, pricing, etc in MS Access then export it to a CSV for reuploading. Lots of options for formulas, tweaking, etc
    doberer, I'm interested in learning more about your system for updating products using Access. I tried using Access for a while for this but I found that I just didn't have the flexibility for doing bulk updates that I have in Excel (like Copy Down, for instance), so I went back to a system of spreadsheets. Maybe I just don't know Access well enough.

Leave a comment:

• doberer
    replied
    I do all my bulk changes, pricing, etc in MS Access then export it to a CSV for reuploading. Lots of options for formulas, tweaking, etc

Leave a comment:

• piaf
    replied
    Nice idea for the multiplier cashmore, we do the same thing, except on our master price list here on our computer. It would be nice to have it on our store admin area too.

Leave a comment:

• cashmore
    replied
    Actually, it is the price level 10 field that I use for the above.

Leave a comment:

• cashmore
    replied
    I use field 10 for a different purpose. I capture my markup for each product in that field. That way the product's markup (which may vary somewhat from one product to another) is captured right in the product record in the database. I export products into an Excel price sheet, exporting only the fields I need for price updates. From there I run my formula to calculate selling price from the cost field and the markup (field 10). Import back into 3dcart.

My formula rounds price calculations to the nearest 50 cents. All prices end in either .48 or .98

Leave a comment:

• mondo
    replied
    Same thing with field 10 was my thought as well. Was almost afraid to post it. Thought people might think it was crazy.

Leave a comment:

• doberer
    replied
    i put the notes in a field (say field10) and then I modified the listing templates to exclude that field (otherwise it would show up on the store). I use it for various notes about the item that I want to use for internal purposes.

Leave a comment:

• piaf
    started a topic Product Notes Area?

Product Notes Area?

Is there an area where we can add internal notes about a product that won't show up on the web site or on a printed/emailed invoice or something. We just need a visible place to put internal notes about products (such as "Supplier discontinuing this product in the summer" or something like that).
Working...
X