Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Sell a $40.00 Gift Certificate for $20.00?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Sell a $40.00 Gift Certificate for $20.00?

I'm wanting to do a little promotion similar to the promotions put out by LivingSocial.com and sell a $40.00 Gift Certificate for $20.00, and have the VALUE of the Gift Certificate equal $40.00. So basically they can buy this one Gift Certificate for 50% off.

What would be the best way to accomplish that with the least amount of trouble for the customer? Do I have to use a coupon or can I do it more directly without the customer having to input a coupon code?

I think you can just create a promotion for that product, and make it be automatic. That should do it, as long as you are willing to have that promo apply to every customer.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
      I think you can just create a promotion for that product, and make it be automatic. That should do it, as long as you are willing to have that promo apply to every customer.
      Since I have the gift certificate values set up as options, will this work? I'm only seeing the ability to specify a product SKU, but not a specific option SKU. But I'm still a 3dC newbie, so I might be missing something somewhere...

Comment

Hm. I think in that case you would need to specify $20.00 off that would be applied to the gift certificate, and it would apply to all the options. Probably the easier thing to do would be to create a new product for just the one $40.00 gift certificate you want use, and then create the promo specific to that one item only. That sounds like the easiest solution to me.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought I'd probably have to do. Thanks for the help! :D

Comment

Working...
          X