Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calculate Shipping Enter zip code to calculate shipping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculate Shipping Enter zip code to calculate shipping.

In the shopping cart there is no option for an international customer to get a shipping estimate? Is my page missing something or is this how it was designed?

We ship to Canada daily and unless the customer checks out I cant see how they can get a rate estimate?

As far as I know, international users have to go through the checkout process to get a shipping cost.

Maybe open a ticket and see what Support gives for a reason??

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
      As far as I know, international users have to go through the checkout process to get a shipping cost.

Maybe open a ticket and see what Support gives for a reason??
      Yeah, Because this is frustrating since some will not checkout and assume we don't ship international since it only gives an option for a domestic zip code.

When looking at the code for the page it does include:
      !--START: ShipQuoteInternationalScript-->
      <!--END: ShipQuoteInternationalScript-->

So there must have been an international script at one time?

Comment

Hi. This is a frequent request, but 3dCart says it isn't possible at this time. What we did was to change the text for the calculate shipping button. Instead of just Calculate Shipping, ours reads "Calculate Shipping (US domestic shipments only. International shipping will be calculated during checkout.)" and this works well for us. We get international orders frequently without any complaint.
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Been getting a lot int. rate requests lately. If they had estimates in the cart they may have bought instead. I was going to put product weight and rate estimate charts on the cart page for select countries as a helper then saw the Int. estimate code too.

Called support and was told the feature was 'turned off' by default so the block wouldn't show up in USA only carts and just needed to email support to have it 'turned on'.

Got my answer today. $200 to install it. We're a small store and that's half our annual hosting bill. Smaller stores that offer Int. are probably much more common than it used to be. This should be 'turned on' upon request or in the admin. It certainly shouldn't be $200.

Business wise:
          I would think for many new customers this could weight heavy on their decision to come here so it would pay more than a occasional $200 in revenue. In addition with increased Int. sales some stores would probably grow and need to upgrade.

Cart functionality:
          Int. shipping is listed as a feature. Why would we have to pay to make it work properly.

Ethically:
          The feature is there. Making it more difficult for anyone outside the US to make a buying decision here rubs me the wrong way.

Patriotically:
          We sell mostly USA made products. Everything we sell abroad even if it is a imported item is bringing money back here. This helps our Mfgers, distributors etc. It is good for the country and we need to do more of it.

End of rant.

Guess I'll finish up the rate guessers.
          Last edited by mondo; 09-16-2011, 12:43 PM.

Comment

you mean 3d cart has the feature available but want to charge $200 to activate the international shipping calculator in the cart?

Comment

In order to set up the shipping preview to work for international addresses, an additional module needs to be installed into your store.

The fee for this installation is $200. If you're interested or have any questions please let us know.

Thanks!
              That I believe would be a yes.

Comment

Bump to see if this is still not possible.

I see in the admin "International Shipping Preview" Ability to preview shipping for postal code but I am not sure how or where it displays on the site.

Comment

Forgive me if I missed something here but the International Shipping Quote is an option.

Settings>Shipping Settings

Enable International Shipping Preview

Calculate shipping will work differently on the different templates but with the one responsive template I am using customer selects country, area and zip/postal code clicks on calculate and you get the options.
                  Rob

Comment

Yes, this thread is a few years old. It is now built in as a standard feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Nader View Post
                      Bump to see if this is still not possible.

I see in the admin "International Shipping Preview" Ability to preview shipping for postal code but I am not sure how or where it displays on the site.
                      Did you get it figured out?
                      Rob

Comment

I ship internationally and about the second week of September suddenly stopped being able to get international quotes, although it was possible previously. I've had a ticket open since then and the only "work around" we've come up with through support is to create custom methods, by weight, etc. for international quotes. Not sure what happened, it was about the time they rolled out the responsive design that my international shipping stopped working as it had before.

Comment

Working...
                        X