Reporting not accurate for everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting not accurate for everyone?

Looks like reporting is not reflecting any coupon deductions? My reporting is way off because it shows overinflated profit on orders were coupons were used. It does not deduct the coupon amount from the order profit?

Please lets not get me going on 3dcart stat reports
    Here is my visitor report for January from:
    Reports>Statistics>Visitor Hits (daily)

Day Visitors Hits
    1/1/2011 265 1276
    1/2/2011 323 1717
    1/3/2011 393 1993
    1/4/2011 407 1576
    1/5/2011 377 1463
    1/6/2011 386 1391
    1/7/2011 400 1182
    1/8/2011 384 1527
    1/9/2011 364 1168
    1/10/2011 406 1190
    1/11/2011 321 1326
    1/12/2011 361 1305
    1/13/2011 268 1160
    1/14/2011 173 978
    1/15/2011 5 20
    1/16/2011 4 11
    1/17/2011 3 4
    1/18/2011 10 48
    1/19/2011 9 36
    1/20/2011 8 9
    1/21/2011 5 21
    1/22/2011 3 6
    1/23/2011 10 33
    1/24/2011 5 20
    1/25/2011 3 14
    1/26/2011 7 15
    1/27/2011 9 22
    1/28/2011 10 41
    1/29/2011 8 15
    1/30/2011 4 9
    1/31/2011 13 46

Instead of the norm of 1.5-5% last month we had a conversion rate of well over 100% ? odd.

I think it's time for us to turn off all the stat reports offered here. I'm tiered of paying for the bandwidth to run these inaccurate stats that make my site load slower.
    We get much better results running Google Analytics and it's bandwidth free.

The only true money report will be your CC processor.

Now I feel your concern and can only wonder what info the Quickbooks plug-in is using.

Please don't take me the wrong way, I don't mean to be a boat rocker but I believe that I have genuine concerns as we all should. This is our livelihood and no provider can provide a all-in-one solution. You have to use these things for what they are worth if anything at all.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

The visitor count on the admin is not currently accurate, the script that handles that was causing slow downs on the store and some changes were made to lower the priority which is causing some visitors to not be counted.

Google analytics & Smarterstats are not affected by this.

We are working on bringing the visitor count back to the admin, optimizing it, so it doesn't affect store performance in the next update.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
        The visitor count on the admin is not currently accurate, the script that handles that was causing slow downs on the store and some changes were made to lower the priority which is causing some visitors to not be counted.

Google analytics & Smarterstats are not affected by this.

We are working on bringing the visitor count back to the admin, optimizing it, so it doesn't affect store performance in the next update.
        Gil,

Can you respond to my portion of this email about the reporting not reflecting promotion coupons?

Comment

Gil,

Can you respond to my portion of this email about the reporting not reflecting promotion coupons?
          What report in particular? Can you give an example? (Make it up off coarse, no need to know real sales data from your store on a public forum)
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

What report in particular? Can you give an example? (Make it up off coarse, no need to know real sales data from your store on a public forum)
            I have an open ticket which no one seems to be responding to: XAM-408197

Here is an example:

Product $299.00 has a cost of $190, I sell this item and the customer uses a $50 off this product coupon code. Order total shows $249.00 (Correct)

But when looking at business reports (Profit per order, per day, etc.) it shows $110 profit which is definately not correct. The reports are not deducting coupons used.

The order should show $60 profit but its reporting the full $110 throwing off my reports. I use lots of coupons and have had to adjust the price of the item to $249.95 and remove the coupon for it to report correctly.

The problem with doing this manually (Which I should not have too) is that I shipped an order without realizing the coupon and I cant go back and modify the price of the unit because its locked once shipped so I cant even manually adjust this order.

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
              I have an open ticket which no one seems to be responding to: XAM-408197

Here is an example:

Product $299.00 has a cost of $190, I sell this item and the customer uses a $50 off this product coupon code. Order total shows $249.00 (Correct)

But when looking at business reports (Profit per order, per day, etc.) it shows $110 profit which is definately not correct. The reports are not deducting coupons used.

The order should show $60 profit but its reporting the full $110 throwing off my reports. I use lots of coupons and have had to adjust the price of the item to $249.95 and remove the coupon for it to report correctly.

The problem with doing this manually (Which I should not have too) is that I shipped an order without realizing the coupon and I cant go back and modify the price of the unit because its locked once shipped so I cant even manually adjust this order.
              I see the ticket is on the Developers Queue, you should hear from them tomorrow.
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I see the ticket is on the Developers Queue, you should hear from them tomorrow.
                Thanks. I just don't understand how this was not addresses earlier? Am I the only one using coupons that noticed that the reports are wrong?

Comment

Lots of luck to you!
                  Last edited by Go Live; 02-05-2011, 09:37 PM.
                  Clayton
                  Go Live Industries

Comment

Thanks. I just don't understand how this was not addresses earlier? Am I the only one using coupons that noticed that the reports are wrong?
                    We just don't rely on the 3dCart reports very heavily. Instead, we look to our accounting software for the kind of information. So, I guess that one never made much of a difference for us. I hope they can get that corrected for you!
                    Laura Z
                    Brass & Silver Traditions
                    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                      We just don't rely on the 3dCart reports very heavily. Instead, we look to our accounting software for the kind of information. So, I guess that one never made much of a difference for us. I hope they can get that corrected for you!
                      Thanks, We have different websites and share the same merchant account. We rely on the profit reports to see where each of our websites are running. If we look at quickbooks I can only see where our corporation is currently at not on a individual website level.

Comment

Thanks, We have different websites and share the same merchant account. We rely on the profit reports to see where each of our websites are running. If we look at quickbooks I can only see where our corporation is currently at not on a individual website level.
                        Oh, that would make it difficult. I have three different companies, but they all operate independently so each has their own company file.
                        Laura Z
                        Brass & Silver Traditions
                        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thanks Gil.. Received a ticket response that this bug was corrected and I can now see my current monthly numbers.

Comment

Working...
                          X