Customers saving CC details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers saving CC details

Is there a way to allow customers to save their CC information for faster checkouts? I dont see a "save" option when checking out.

No, they don't allow saving CC numbers.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

That's not good. We deal with many businesses and they expect us to just bill their CC. Whats worse is you cant even view full account numbers on orders received so you cant call a bank and verify information.

Comment

Yes, there is, if you use Authorize.net. You can enable the Customer Information Manager (CIM) and a secure profile will automatically be saved with their payment info, that they can manage from their account on your site.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
          Yes, there is, if you use Authorize.net. You can enable the Customer Information Manager (CIM) and a secure profile will automatically be saved with their payment info, that they can manage from their account on your site.
          That's good to know but $20 more a month to use it. :mad:

Comment

Storing credit cards indefinitely and securely is a VERY expensive proposition. You have to meet all kinds of security standards set forth by the PCI security standards. I'd rather have a payment-specialization firm like Authorize.net handle it than a cart company.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
              Storing credit cards indefinitely and securely is a VERY expensive proposition. You have to meet all kinds of security standards set forth by the PCI security standards. I'd rather have a payment-specialization firm like Authorize.net handle it than a cart company.
              This is not really true. If the customer has used his card with you in the past you only need the last 4 digits and exp date to process a new authorization. At least this is what I was told from Authorize.net in the past.

Comment

I'm with cbsteven,

As far as I know to be PCI compliant E-commerce sites can no longer store CC info.
                I don't want to have it.
                We grind CC info on call ins as soon as we post them. Can't be responsible for something you don't have.

Comment

So customers will have to reenter their CC information for each order? Thats not good. I do alot of dropshipping and my competitors cart saves the information so its there. Customer only has to select that cc. Same with my current cart. A point of moving to 3D was to have a faster checkout than I currently have with V. This will make it slower for my customer. This is a huge set back.

I have heard of a cart that didnt have the option of saving cc data.

Comment

Also, all the information that would needed to save the card to make a faster checkout are already saved within the order.

This is just plain stupid. It isnt a PCI issue, its a 3D Cart issue. Customers need to be able to save their CC information for faster checkouts.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                      Also, all the information that would needed to save the card to make a faster checkout are already saved within the order.

This is just plain stupid. It isnt a PCI issue, its a 3D Cart issue. Customers need to be able to save their CC information for faster checkouts.
                      I agree, After moving from Volusion I am having second thoughts. While the checkout does seem faster and the custom URL's is great 3D is definately short on some of the features that Volusion has that I took for granted.

I am also having reporting issues and no one can seem to get back to me with a solution. The reports are not deducting coupons and my profit is not reflecting accurately. Another big issues I am having is that 3D does not store alternate shipping addresses. Each account can only have one billing and one shipping address.

I am having lots of issues because I was used to having alot more admin tools. Maybe I will submit a big list of feature requests.

Comment

I am pretty much done with the site, am now testing things and am not real happy here. Not saving CC details for a faster checkout is a huge issue. Now shipping rates are not correct. And orders are not getting marked as paid. Are we supposed to manually mark each order as Paid??? Shouldn't they be marked paid automatically once payment is made?

I wish I knew about the CC issue. I wouldnt stay here based on that issue. But I prepaid for a full year and my 30 days is over. I am now going to have to consider taking a loss on my monies. I HAVE to have customers be able to save their cc details for a faster checkout. Now my move is on hold.

Comment

And we cant issue partial refunds through the system? Seriously??? Whats the point of an RMA system is you cant issue partial refunds through the system on returned items.

I just wasted the last 6 weeks of my life building this website. I'm pissed. :mad:

Comment

I am pretty much done with the site, am now testing things and am not real happy here. Not saving CC details for a faster checkout is a huge issue. Now shipping rates are not correct. And orders are not getting marked as paid. Are we supposed to manually mark each order as Paid??? Shouldn't they be marked paid automatically once payment is made?

I wish I knew about the CC issue. I wouldnt stay here based on that issue. But I prepaid for a full year and my 30 days is over. I am now going to have to consider taking a loss on my monies. I HAVE to have customers be able to save their cc details for a faster checkout. Now my move is on hold.
                            My rates seem accurate so you probably just have something not setup correctly. As for the orders not getting marked paid I am not sure what you mean? We have our CC's set to authorize at order and we manually capture them at shipping (Same as we did with Volusion) the orders come in with NEW status. What exactly do you mean as unpaid?

Comment

And we cant issue partial refunds through the system? Seriously??? Whats the point of an RMA system is you cant issue partial refunds through the system on returned items.

I just wasted the last 6 weeks of my life building this website. I'm pissed. :mad:
                              Click "ADD A CUSTOM TRANSACTION" under the credit card section. I believe that is how you give a partial refund.

Comment

Working...
                              X