Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for Custom File / Redirect?

Hi all,

I'm moving a site from a GoDaddy store to 3D cart. There is a somewhat prominent blog site that links to a specific page ([DOMAIN].com/ordering.html) in our GoDaddy cart.

Once we switch over to 3D Cart, this /ordering.html page will no longer exist (we didn't feel the need to keep that page going forward, especially with the increased flexibility and functionality of 3D Cart).

What can I do with the 3D cart to have it where a potential customer visiting that blog site, who clicks the link in that blog, not end up with a "URL not found" error message?

Is a 301 redirect the way to go? Or should I set up a page in our 3D cart with the file extension /ordering.html and have it redirect to our home page?

Also, I've never done a 301 redirect, or any other type of redirect before, so any specific advise is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
    James

A 301 redirect is exactly what you need. Just set one up to go from /ordering.html to whatever page on the new site you want, and you won't lose any of the pagerank goodness.

Comment

cbsteven, you've been a big help to me on more than one occasion. I really do appreciate it! I read the knowledge base article on 301 redirects and it seems like an easy and quick fix.

Thanks again!
      -James

Comment

Working...
      X