FREE Shipping Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE Shipping Issue?

If a customer lets say buys a $400 item that ships free but adds a $10 accessory the free shipping disappears? How do we get the accessories that go along with the free item to also ship free?

If a customer lets say buys a $400 item that ships free but adds a $10 accessory the free shipping disappears? How do we get the accessories that go along with the free item to also ship free?
    For free shipping to be an option during checkout all items on your cart must qualify for free shipping. So for it to work that way you would need to make the accessories also free shipping.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
      For free shipping to be an option during checkout all items on your cart must qualify for free shipping. So for it to work that way you would need to make the accessories also free shipping.
      But the accessory is $10 some are $4 - If I made them free shipping as well couldn't someone just buy a $4 accessory and then get the free shipping option on a $4 item which would be a loss to me?

Comment

I don't know if this would work for you, but we have free shipping set to be only for purchases over a certain dollar amount. So any order totally more than our threshold ships free, but smaller orders do not. Maybe that could work for you?
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Another option is, if there is a good chance that the customer will be buying the accessories, make an option on the product for those accessories, and list them there, as part of the product. You could use the Checkbox options so that they can select multiple accessories (or none).
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I guess I can also just force FREE shipping at lets say $250+ and then it should default to FREE Shipping when they add accessories to a $250 or higher order.

Comment

We don't offer options just related products. Anyway not sure how many accessories you are working with. But I did notice that a promotion may help if not in your case then perhaps for others.

Under Promotions
              Promotion Rules > Applies if these Products are in the Basket:
              Promotion Offers > Discount Applies to this Product:
              Free Shipping:

Set as no code needed and expires 2099
              If you have alot. Do a sample product download and duplicate.
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
              X