301 Redirects Scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301 Redirects Scam

I just want to go on record and state this entire 301 redirect scam 3d cart is running is the most blatant scam of any shopping cart provider I have ever seen. They have made it virtually impossible to add/update 301 redirects so you have to pay them to do it.

I have 82 entered so far and need to fix some of them and the system will not allow me to display more than 15 lines per page, even though I keep trying to set it to more.

Having to update an entry and click "Update" is ridiculous. The reason for no "Save" at the top of the page to make multiple changes and update everything is quite obvious. Make it difficult to use.

When I manually move to page 2, or 3 etc.. and update an entry, I am taken back to page 1.

We can only add one new entry at a time - ridiculous.

Once you update one entry, the "update" buttons on the remaining entries doesnt work. You have to refresh the page after each update.

This is obviously done to get an extra $100 out of people and I'm about sick of dealing with this idiotic 301 redirect page and I REFUSE to give 3d cart $100 to upload my links because its obvious they make it impossible to set up your own redirects to generate income.

If I hadnt paid for a full year in advance and be outside of my 30 days I would cancel this site and go elsewhere due to this redirect issue.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves blatantly for making a simple task virtually impossible just to generate $100 off a user.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Heres why the pages isnt working.

Errors on this page might cause it to work incorrectly

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Comcast Install 1.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; IEMB3)
    Timestamp: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 02:02:20 UTC

Line: 520
    Char: 2
    Code: 0
    URI: https://xxxxxxxx.3dcartstores.com/ad...redirects.asp?

Every page in my back end works fine except the one page that, if it isnt working right, 3D gets $100...

Comment

What I find strange is last week when I started entering 301's ALL 300+ were all on one page. They must have just changed the 15 per page just this past week and I agree the process to enter them is very bad.

Comment

I've probably got 1800+ 301's and that is the only page that regularly locks up my browser. I cringe every time I need to go in and add or change something but I can most definately get more than 15 lines per page.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
          I've probably got 1800+ 301's and that is the only page that regularly locks up my browser. I cringe every time I need to go in and add or change something but I can most definately get more than 15 lines per page.
          Tried here at the warehouse this morning and the same thing is happening. Can only get 15 entries to show even though I select 150 (or another number) from the drop down box. That doesnt matter though, It took an hour last night but I fixed the 20 or so that I messed up previously.

Its going to push my go live date back but I refuse to pay 3D one dime to upload this file especially since I am the one who spent 5 hours creating it yesterday. I'll add them one by one or scrap the site and get a refund.

Comment

Does editing the .htaccess file not work?

Comment

Originally posted by msjgriffiths View Post
              Does editing the .htaccess file not work?
              .htaccess is for Apache servers. 3DCart runs on IIS. That being said, I don't know why there IS an .htaccess file in our /web directory, but there is. I did a test 301 redirect in ours, but it didn't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
                .htaccess is for Apache servers. 3DCart runs on IIS. That being said, I don't know why there IS an .htaccess file in our /web directory, but there is. I did a test 301 redirect in ours, but it didn't do anything.
                I believe it only supports mod_rewrite:

Helicon ISAPI Rewrite Documentation.

Comment

pagination on redirects page

In fairness to 3dcart they added the pagination to this page to fix the lockup problem.
                  We have over 3500 redirects and showing them all on one page just locked up the page everytime. We submitted a ticket and they added the pagination which fixed the lock up problem. After that we were able to edit inividual entries and add new entries with no issues.
                  That said, I do not see why the 301 redirects cannot be added to the import/export screen to allow us to do mass edits/uploads.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                    In fairness to 3dcart they added the pagination to this page to fix the lockup problem.
                    We have over 3500 redirects and showing them all on one page just locked up the page everytime. We submitted a ticket and they added the pagination which fixed the lock up problem. After that we were able to edit inividual entries and add new entries with no issues.
                    That said, I do not see why the 301 redirects cannot be added to the import/export screen to allow us to do mass edits/uploads.
                    I saw your post and went back in to see if I something had changed in mine.

Sure enough I see exactly what the rb34 was saying. My screen now displays 15 urls at a time and that's it.

No matter what I select for quantity to view it only displays 15. elightbox, I'm curious if yours is doing the same thing?

It appears that it wasn't thoroughly tested before deployment .

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                      No matter what I select for quantity to view it only displays 15. elightbox, I'm curious if yours is doing the same thing? It appears that it wasn't thoroughly tested before deployment .
                      Yes mine has the same issue only 15 at a time.
                      The search function works great so we can always pull what we need and have not have the need to see more that 15 at a time.

If it is a problem, you should open a support ticket, I am sure they will fix it. They added the pagination when we requested it.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                        If it is a problem, you should open a support ticket, I am sure they will fix it. They added the pagination when we requested it.
                        I did open a ticket earlier this morning. Still haven't heard anything back but I'll report back when I do.

Comment

Working...
                        X