Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Smarter Stats and Live Chat affect website loading times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Smarter Stats and Live Chat affect website loading times?

Does Smarter Stats and Live Chat affect website loading times?
    If so, we want to abandon thsoe promptly to improve website performance.
    We will do anything to keep website response time and performance at top level.
    Thanks! :)

I don't think that the smarter stats slows performance, but the live chat definitely does. We have had better load times since we dumped the built in chat in favor of Woopra's live chat. Woopra also gives us most of the stats we want as well, so we really aren't using the smarter stats much now either.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

How do you shut off the live chat? We have it but have not used it yet. If it is a real problem I would like to get it taken off our site.

Thanks,
      Ken

Comment

Originally posted by watchdr View Post
        How do you shut off the live chat? We have it but have not used it yet. If it is a real problem I would like to get it taken off our site.

Thanks,
        Ken
        It's not in your page code by default, you have to put it there IIRC. If it's in your page code, it'll be something like this:
        Code:
        <script language=JavaScript src="https://www.your-site-name.com/3dlivechat/twlh.asp"></script>
        Simply remove it from whichever template bit it's in (we originally had it in the right banner section before we dumped it).

I agree with Brass, Woopra is pretty awesome! It's got a nice set of stat tools and the chat is a nice side bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnspot View Post
          It's not in your page code by default, you have to put it there IIRC. If it's in your page code, it'll be something like this:
          Code:
          <script language=JavaScript src="https://www.your-site-name.com/3dlivechat/twlh.asp"></script>
          Simply remove it from whichever template bit it's in (we originally had it in the right banner section before we dumped it).

I agree with Brass, Woopra is pretty awesome! It's got a nice set of stat tools and the chat is a nice side bonus.
          +1 with Burnspot's comment. We removed the standard script and noticed faster load times on our pages. Since it was something we rarely used it was an easy decision.

Comment

Hi All
            Yes the stats in woopra are great.

We use the multi page checkout.
            We have had an on going problem with customers unable to checkout.
            Or at least very difficult. This has been speratic.
            We have had alot of step3 update country. The problem was the billing address not populating at all and the system not remembering the shipping address.

After removing the woopra code this has now been fixed. Hopefully sales will go back up now.

We are going to miss woopra but sales are more important.
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
            X