• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tmilone103
    replied
    Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
    Hello,
    The way orders are stored in different eCommerce systems makes it very complicated. In fact, i am not aware of any of our direct competitors offering this either. Its sort of like saying why can't I import my Mac system preferences into Windows system preferences, they both have screen savers, both have mouse settings, etc, but, in different formats, stored differently, etc.

Regarding your import that was done for you, if something was left out, I would suggest contacting your project manager, as no one in the forum can help with that. Feel free to contact me directly should you need me to intervene.
    Gil,

I emailed my manager and I will first see if she can get the missing information done before I contact you. I moved from Volusion and you can import and export any table there. What I really miss is the custom SQL feature where if I need to make a change to anything on the fly I could.

For example: If a vendor changed the price on an item that already shipped I could make a simple query to adjust it such as:

Update OrderDetails
    Set Vendor_Price = 124.00
    Where OrderID = 64575
    and ProductCode = 'Product-Code'

When they imported my orders instead of naming the orders in the same fashion such as invoice # B90000 they imported them with a prefix of "IMPORTED-90000", With custom SQL I could without bothering anyone just run an update query to change all prefix of 'IMPORTED-' to just 'B' in seconds.

For someone that is not savy with SQL they could just download the order spreadsheet and make the changes (Like your product import) and the system would make note of the changes on import. You have an import available for orders but it only looks at the tracking columns. If you expanded it to allow the full table updates that would be great.

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    Hello,
    The way orders are stored in different eCommerce systems makes it very complicated. In fact, i am not aware of any of our direct competitors offering this either. Its sort of like saying why can't I import my Mac system preferences into Windows system preferences, they both have screen savers, both have mouse settings, etc, but, in different formats, stored differently, etc.

Regarding your import that was done for you, if something was left out, I would suggest contacting your project manager, as no one in the forum can help with that. Feel free to contact me directly should you need me to intervene.

Leave a comment:

• tmilone103
    started a topic Why is there no order import?

Why is there no order import?

It makes no sense to me why there is no order import? There is no SQL access to make order changes on the fly and there is no import wizard to make bulk changes. I already paid $600 to import my past orders but they left out customer email addresses and some other important information.
Working...
X