Customer Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Discounts

Oh boy... On my current cart I have customers set up with various discounts, some 5% some 15%. Its a simple system, I just set there account up with the discount and when the log in they see their discount price.

I dont see that here. Is there no way to just mark a customer with a discount so the prices adjust? Seems like manually updating all the pricing to various prices and assigning customers to these various costs are going to be very time consuming.

There is much to be desired in the way of discounts and promotions.

Seems the only way to offer group discount is a % promotion for said group without promo code.
    Then here's the part your not going to like, Regular price is displayed and you don't see the discount till in the cart.

Now there is a price level but you must set a price and percent is not an option.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

We use the price levels in conjunction with customer groups to do this, but the setup isn't difficult if you use custom export sets. What we did initially was to export the sku, catalog id, regular price, and price level fields. Then we used Excel functions to calculate the various discounts to the regular retail price. Then we copied and pasted those results into the price level fields and imported that data set back into 3dCart. It was really a pretty quick process.

After that, just assign the customers to the groups that correspond to their discount level and when they log in they will see the prices at the levels you set.

I hope I explained that coherently?
      Laura Z
      Brass & Silver Traditions
      www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Well that stinks. Product discounts allow for percentage, but price levels dont? We should be able to designate a percentage off per price level. If the site price changes, the discounts automatically updates.

Now I have to sit here with a calculator and figure up the price points for 5%, 8%, 10% and 12% off hundreds of items and plug each price in manually and assign 22,000 customers their price levels. Do people really do this??? Idiotic.

God, even Pro Stores allows you to set price points by percentages off site price!

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
          We use the price levels in conjunction with customer groups to do this, but the setup isn't difficult if you use custom export sets. What we did initially was to export the sku, catalog id, regular price, and price level fields. Then we used Excel functions to calculate the various discounts to the regular retail price. Then we copied and pasted those results into the price level fields and imported that data set back into 3dCart. It was really a pretty quick process.

After that, just assign the customers to the groups that correspond to their discount level and when they log in they will see the prices at the levels you set.

I dont know how to do that in excel. Guess I better learn.

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post

Yes Laura that is perfect
            However as prices change the level prices do not.
            Not sure of the sum function to get the desired answer.
            But yes that would be the easiest approach.

Take the resulting column and paste into the desired level.

Maybe someone can provide the sum formula.
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

Now I have to sit here with a calculator and figure up the price points for 5%, 8%, 10% and 12% off hundreds of items and plug each price in manually and assign 22,000 customers their price levels. Do people really do this??? Idiotic.
              If you need to give a flat discount rate, on ALL PRODUCTS, i would use a promotion instead. You can setup a promotion, with no coupon code, to apply only to users in group ABC, that will give 5% discount. You can make other promotions for other types of users.

Its not 100% what you want, as customers will see the normal price on the store, but when added to cart, 5% will automatically be discounted. (Assuming they have logged on and are in ABC group.)
              ----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
                If you need to give a flat discount rate, on ALL PRODUCTS, i would use a promotion instead. You can setup a promotion, with no coupon code, to apply only to users in group ABC, that will give 5% discount. You can make other promotions for other types of users.

Its not 100% what you want, as customers will see the normal price on the store, but when added to cart, 5% will automatically be discounted. (Assuming they have logged on and are in ABC group.)
                Thats what I'm going to do but I dont like it. Its going to cause confusion because the normal site price will appear and the discount is shown is small font at the bottom of the checkout page. I anticipate possibly thousands of emails from people asking where their discounted pricing is.

I like 3D but there are some basic things that were not thought through before being implemented. Setting up wholesale customers and associated pricing levels should not be this difficult. There should be a global Percentage Discount box to enter a value within each customer account - no need to have price levels - and price points are based on that figured and shown once logged in:

http://galaxyairsoft.com/discountoff.gif
                http://galaxyairsoft.com/dist1.gif
                http://galaxyairsoft.com/dist2.gif

Kills two birds with one stone. I hope these issues can be updated in a future software release.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                  ... Its going to cause confusion because the normal site price will appear and the discount is shown is small font at the bottom of the checkout page.
                  Rburton, you're still in the Volusion "mind set" where you're not allowed to change the display of your pages. In 3dC, if you don't like the font size or how it's displayed, you go into your template and edit it yourself. Create a new CSS class, apply it to your discount price HTML, and then the price will display as you want it to. If you don't know how to make changes like that, you can either hire someone who does or learn how to do it yourself. Changes like that are really easy to do. You need to start thinking like a 3dCart customer now. :)
                  Last edited by piaf; 02-18-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                    Rburton, you're still in the Volusion "mind set" where you're not allowed to change the display of your pages. In 3dC, if you don't like the font size or how it's displayed, you go into your template and edit it yourself. Create a new CSS class, apply it to your discount price HTML, and then the price will display as you want it to. If you don't know how to make changes like that, you can either hire someone who does or learn how to do it yourself. Changes like that are really easy to do. You need to start thinking like a 3dCart customer now. :)
                    Wheres that "Like" button when you need it. I got them ole volusion blues... I would have to hire someone, I know nothing about CSS.

Comment

Ok, I created the promotion but now when I log in all prices are 0.00......

Comment

Ok, I created the promotion but now when I log in all prices are 0.00......
                        You probably also set the customer group to something other than the first price level, and since your items have 0 for that field it will show 0.

If you are going to use the promotion, then you can keep the price level to the default for your group as it will be a % off the retail price correct?
                        ----------------------------
                        Gonzalo Gil
                        3dCart Support
                        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I saw that, not cool!
                          Clayton
                          Go Live Industries

Comment

Originally posted by Go Live View Post
                            I saw that, not cool!
                            Shh.... :D

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
                              You probably also set the customer group to something other than the first price level, and since your items have 0 for that field it will show 0.

If you are going to use the promotion, then you can keep the price level to the default for your group as it will be a % off the retail price correct?
                              Thanks Gil. I got it. Been a long couple of days.

Comment

Working...
                              X