SSL Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL Installed

I purchased an SSL cert several days ago. I havent heard anything on it and was wondering how will I know when/if its installed? Dont wanna go live and find out it isnt installed.

Sound like something did not go threw
    • did you transfer your domain IPs (takes up to 3 days)
    • Did you use your domain email?
    • Did you reply to the provider with the confirm link?
    • Did they email you a copy of the cert?
    • Did you submit a ticket with your cert credentials?

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...kets&_a=submit

You will need to change your secure url in setting>general>store settings.
    You can go to your site (My Account) is a secure page (check security credentials)
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

I am not live yet, should be next week. I just had not heard back about it and didnt know how to check to make sure it was installed before I moved.

Comment

Until you transfer the domain they can not install it.

Comment

I must have misunderstood your PM the other day. I thought you said they could install it beforehand but I would receive errors on the .3dcartstores.net url

So my site will be "unsecure" for a few days? How can I process credit cards if the SSL is not installed? Sound like I am going to be down a few days??

Comment

There won't be any downtime. What will happen is that when you first go live you will be using the 3dcart shared SSL, but they should have your dedicated one installed within 48 hours or so if you tell them when you will be going live.
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
              I must have misunderstood your PM the other day. I thought you said they could install it beforehand but I would receive errors on the .3dcartstores.net url

So my site will be "unsecure" for a few days? How can I process credit cards if the SSL is not installed? Sound like I am going to be down a few days??
              You can checkout with the free SSL that they give you (yoursite.3dcartstores.com) and there will be no errors. If you install your SSL and your domain is not switched you will still need to use yoursite.3dcartstores.com but then the customers would receive an error that the name does not match on the certificate.

Switch the domain when you are ready and within 24-48 hours have them install the SSL and switch you over to https://www.yourdomain.com

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
                You can checkout with the free SSL that they give you (yoursite.3dcartstores.com) and there will be no errors. If you install your SSL and your domain is not switched you will still need to use yoursite.3dcartstores.com but then the customers would receive an error that the name does not match on the certificate.

Switch the domain when you are ready and within 24-48 hours have them install the SSL and switch you over to https://www.yourdomain.com
                Exactly. If you are bringing an SSL in from the outside it's going to change the ssl url in your control panel. This is the way 3d has it configured and it's not an error.

Develop, play, and test with the free and then have the new one installed when you go live.

Comment

Or you could close your store OR close your checkout until everything is ready with the SSL and the domain name switch. Go to Settings > Design > Close Store and then choose whether to close the store or just close the checkout. We closed the entire store for about 3 days while we got all of this stuff taken care of. We changed the message that displays on screen (changeable on that same screen) so the customers would understand what was going on.

Comment

Support said customers will go through the 3dcartstores.net SSL url until it is installed so that wont be too bad, I suppose. Though I could close it and put a message up telling customers to go to my other site. Of course its on the V platform so would probably be down and they couldnt access it.

Comment

Working...
                    X