Customer Login Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Login Errors

Our site has been live with 3dcart for a week. It seems like I am seeing a lot of customer Login Errors when I check the not completed orders. It looks like people are trying to log in and they don't have an account set up. I have the setting set so you can check out as a guest and I have changed the text on the checkout page to:

Create New Account
    Fill in your email and password to create an account with us. Creating an account allows you to track order status, view order history and saves you time on future orders.

Guest Purchases
    An account is not required to purchase from us! Just enter a valid email address so we can contact you with information about your order. Do not use a password.

Shopped with us before?
    If you have registered with us before, log in now to save time during checkout. Logging in is optional. You can check out without logging in to your account.

The site is not new, Just new to 3dcart so I don't know if it is someone returning to the site who has ordered before and they think they have an account or if it is someone new and they don't understand how to check out.

Any suggestions on what I should be doing different?
    the site is http://www.weatherequipment.com
    Kay Speranza
    Dish Girl LLC
    Fiesta Dinnerware

Get rid of all the wording at the top - shorten it by 80%. It pushes the part the customer needs to fill out below the fold, they dont see it, instead they see a large red "log in" button. They are trying to log in using their email and a password, which of course isnt registered, and are leaving in frustration because they dont know what to do.

Also, have you tried the one page checkout?

Comment

Use this above Log In box:

If you have registered with us before, please log in. If this is your first purchase, please enter your email address and shipping information below.

Use this above email box:

If you would like to create an account, enter a password, otherwise, you may leave the password box blank and check out as a guest.

Also, this might be an item you are currently creating but you have a blank "new item" http://www.weatherequipment.com/New-...ere_p_245.html

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
        Use this above Log In box:

If you have registered with us before, please log in. If this is your first purchase, please enter your email address and shipping information below.

Use this above email box:

If you would like to create an account, enter a password, otherwise, you may leave the password box blank and check out as a guest.

Also, this might be an item you are currently creating but you have a blank "new item" http://www.weatherequipment.com/New-...ere_p_245.html
        Thank you for your suggestions. I will try to shorten the wording. I have looked at the one page checkout. I will look at it again.

Thanks for letting me know about the blank item. Must have missed it.
        Kay Speranza
        Dish Girl LLC
        Fiesta Dinnerware

Comment

ksperanza,
          Your checkout does need way tightened up. You want them checking out not figuring out how. People wont read all those instructions to figure out how to check out. I'd remove them and place very brief statement at each line.

It also at a glance the large create account wording above Email looks like you have to sign up.
          Last edited by mondo; 02-21-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the input. I have made some changes to the check out page and will see if this helps.
            Kay Speranza
            Dish Girl LLC
            Fiesta Dinnerware

Comment

On your previous cart, did you have customer accounts set up there? If so, did you import them over to your 3dCart store? Sort of sounds like maybe prior customers are trying to log into their previously set up accounts on your new store? Just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                On your previous cart, did you have customer accounts set up there? If so, did you import them over to your 3dCart store? Sort of sounds like maybe prior customers are trying to log into their previously set up accounts on your new store? Just a thought...
                The previous cart did not have customer accounts, so I do not have customers to import. I was thinking the same thing. I do have an email list with Constant Contact and I am thinking when I sent an email announcing the new site they thought they had an account because they had bought from us before.
                I have made some changes to the check out page so I will see how that works.
                Kay Speranza
                Dish Girl LLC
                Fiesta Dinnerware

Comment

May be import your previous carts customer names and just create a bunch of random passwords. This way if customers use the retrieve password they have something.

Comment

Working...
                  X