Turning off required phone number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning off required phone number

Is there anyway to turn off the requirement for a shipping phone number?

For APOs and international orders phone numbers are required. Also it seems that every time someone manipulates the phone number by entering in something like 123-4567 they may have provided a nonshippable address, fail to respond to emails and you wish you had a phone number but since you do not you have no other choice but to cancel the $200 order.:(

It seems the only checkout setting are located in general>setting>store settings
    apart from your payment methods.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

well, we would have the phone number under the billing side, but when someone sends a gift or dropship order, we wouldnt need the recipients phone number anyways - we would contact the customer who placed the order, ie billing customer.

A shipping number simply isnt needed and should have the option of not being required.

Comment

You can always edit your template as you see fit.
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

Comment

I added a note stating 1234567890 was fine for the shipping number but it looks "odd" and unprofessional. My last cart simply allowed a 1 to be placed there to bypass but 3d requires a full 10 characters. If we cant turn it off, just allowing one character to suffice would be great.

Not a huge issue I guess, I just think its going to cause some unneeded frustration from my dropshipping customers. If its 9 or 11 characters they get a warning and have to start over.

Comment

see this post:
            http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...ustomer-2.html
            It is a bigger problem than just the phone number, and needs a coding solution from 3dcart

Comment

Working...
            X