Importing Fields on Existing products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Fields on Existing products

I think that there's a way to update existing products with fields. Does anyone know how to do it? I can do this with New products.

Fields:
    The csv has catalogid, id, name, extra_field_1
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Yep, that's how you do it. Just import and click Update product. I'm leaving this on the forum because it's not in the KB and someone else may want to know .
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com

Comment

for updating only you neither need to export or import every field.
      Use Custom Export Sets to only export the fields you want to edit, edit, then import as mentioned above.

Comment

Oh, and it is really important to not leave any fields blank when you import the .csv file. If you had any data already on 3dCart, it will delete that if the matching field is left empty in the import file. We use custom export sets only to make sure that we don't accidentally delete and entire field of data from our products. That isn't a lesson anyone would want to learn the hard way!
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Thank you both. I didn't leave any field blank, so fortunately nothing was lost. (Although, I always run a test update of only one product whenever a new procedure is being used.)

Didn't know about the Custom Export Sets. Thanks. That's great to know. I've deleting the columns in the export file (via excel) which goes pretty fast, but I'm going to try the custom export sets as well.
          Last edited by kem; 02-22-2011, 10:26 PM.
          kem
          AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Working...
          X