UPS tracking number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS tracking number

I know our UPS account number is displayed within the shipping label and tracking number customers get but I did not realize it CLEARLY shows on the UPS tracking page the customer brings up from the shipping notice.

UPS Account Number: XXXXXXX

I wonder about the safety of this. Couldnt someone use that shipper number at a UPS store and ship a package on it? Most customers probably dont know how to read the account number within a label but to have it listed on their tracking page is dangerous, imo.

Wondering what others think.

bwt I have removed the code from the UPS_Tracking.html template.

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
    I know our UPS account number is displayed within the shipping label and tracking number customers get but I did not realize it CLEARLY shows on the UPS tracking page the customer brings up from the shipping notice.

UPS Account Number: XXXXXXX

I wonder about the safety of this. Couldnt someone use that shipper number at a UPS store and ship a package on it? Most customers probably dont know how to read the account number within a label but to have it listed on their tracking page is dangerous, imo.

Wondering what others think.

bwt I have removed the code from the UPS_Tracking.html template.
    If you never realized this before your account number is always the first 6 digits of your tracking number.

Comment

LOL! Well, if this forum is indexed by Google, you've told the world now! :D

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
        If you never realized this before your account number is always the first 6 digits of your tracking number.
        lol, well I know that, but like I said, most customers do not. Lots of scammers out there. How easy would it be to take a package to UPS and use our shipping account to ship their package. or customers who want to bypass our return instructions and take a return to UPS and ship it back on our account.

Maybe I'm paranoid...

Comment

Working...
        X