Setting Up Email- What am I Not Understanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up Email- What am I Not Understanding

In SmartMail there is a primary admin email account by default that was assigned with some crazy name @mydomain.com. How can I edit this account's name to be something useful like [email protected] or [email protected] instead of the jibberish they provided? It appears you can't delete this account so what am I supposed to do with it? Select "Disable User"?

I'm not sure why I'm not understanding this concept? I'm not computer illiterate but this is my first attempt at setting up a shopping cart/ ecommerace system. I've set up & managed a vBulletin forum before so you'd think I'd figure this out?

The account they setup for you is the master account. You can once logged into that account add as many additional emails that you want. Sales, Customer Service, Rep Names, What ever you want from the master account.

Comment

I've already created all the accounts I need. Just sucks that I have this one oddball account with admin privs. It's there any reason I'd need to ever use or remember the login for this account again in the future?

Comment

In SmarterMail you can assign admin privilages to any user. So once logged in as admin, assign yourself admin privilages. Then you can forget about the admin account
        (just set a very secure password for it and save it somewhere just in case! don't know just in case what, but just in case!)

Comment

That's ^^^ pretty much what I did. Just seemed wierd to make you have to keep that account or not allow you to edit it. I thought maybe I was doing it wrong haha.

Should I set the account to "deactivate"? Will that cause any problems?

Comment

Working...
          X