Backorder for product options not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backorder for product options not working

I am in the process of moving my store from another cart because of the back order feature (and a few others). I have manually input over 700 items and I am now updating my stock levels to go live and cant get the back order feature to work.

I have many items that I always carry, but simply ran out of stock... in most cases I have new stock arriving within a short period of time so I dont want to remove the item from my site. I expected that I could just show them as back ordered so the buyer would know that their shipment would be delayed -- the premise of a "back order".

I contacted tech support and was told that the back order feature doesnt work with product options?????? :eek: :eek: Really, I sell clothing as do MANY online sellers... What is the point of the back order feature if it doesnt work for product options?

Am I missing something... is there a work around out there that tech support is unaware of?

Thanks ~ Cristy

Can you give us a URL of a product that you set to back order with options and its not working the way you like? I am not seeing what the issue is, if you allow back orders, it should allow the customer to back order an item, with or without options.

Feel free to private message me the URL if you don't want it to be public.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

pm sent.

Thanks.

Comment

Well I spent a few hours last night and figured it out on my own.. Tech Support was WRONG! The back order feature DOES work with the product options.

I revereted back to the original template and the back order feature worked... I then recreated my page one section at a time until I found the culprit for the break. I removed a <div> tag when I relocated the link and it broke the "availablility" feature.

Now it works like I EXPECTED it should work... something that tech support should have been able to help me with or open a ticket for --- not give me some wrong excuse that the back order feature doesnt work with options.

Comment

Working...
        X