Adding items to an order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding items to an order

How do we add items to an order after customer has placed it? I have looked all over the order page and dont see anything that allows this.

Edit: Figured it out. You have to move the item to New to get the Add Items link to appear under Actions.
    Last edited by rburton34; 03-11-2011, 07:36 AM.

More details on this in case others need further help:

http://support.3dcart.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=downloadfile&downloadite mid=116
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

be aware that when you change the order status to "new" it will trigger the distributor emails again.

Comment

That's correct, if you have an order that you already shipped (or marked as shipped), you would want to create a new order for more items.

If the order came in, its in NEW and you want to add items, then follow the instructions on the PDF.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by doberer View Post
          be aware that when you change the order status to "new" it will trigger the distributor emails again.
          Oops, I didnt know how to add an item and moved it to New several times. Customer is going to get dizzy with all the emails that triggered.

Comment

I don't believe the customer gets a new copy (at least I don't think so please confirm if they do) but I do know that the suppliers get duplicate emails.

Comment

Anything that hits the new folder will get a order conformation as per your settings in setting>general>store settings: Send email for Order Statuses.

You may need to disable to resend an order to that folder then reenable.
              We love to use the processing folder and often add items to an order and use have to disable and reenable as the instructions do not work as stated Go to Orders -> New (or any Status the order is in)

The add item will only work for orders in the new folder.
              Clayton
              Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
              X