Sitemap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitemap

What is the correct url for the sitemap? I have used both sitemap.asp and sitemap.xml for Google Webmaster Tools and neither seems to work.

Both show urls submitted but "URLs in web index" shows 0. This has happened since I moved my site and after a few days I get errors saying incorrect url paths and resubmit the site map.

Also, I update my 404 pages daily in webmaster tools but all the urls are still showing as 404 pages, even though the urls redirect correctly when I click the links. Shouldnt the 404 url disappear after google finds the redirect?

I am watching my links drop in google due to these issues and its starting to concern me. I only moved here after seeing no SEO issues with another merchant who moved here from Volusion but I am not having the same luck as them.

I am seeing links where I placed #1 and #2 now showing I am at #8 or #9 and some I have fallen off of page 1. I think it is the issues mentioned above and I dont know how to fix them.

I'm ready to move back to my old platform and am seriously considering doing so over the coming weekend due to dropped SEO.

Have you tried this https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...loaditemid=130

Comment

Your sitemap is located at http://www.mydomain.com/sitemap.xml

And yes, I have GOBS of 404 "file not found" errors in Webmaster Tools, but it's for old volusion crap like /PhotoGallery.asp or /EmailaFriend.asp or /Email_Me_When_Back_In_Stock.asp or /ShoppingCart.asp. It's not for any of my product pages which have 301 redirects. But again, I've been switched since November, and I honestly don't know how long it took Google to process all those 301 redirected pages. I actually never looked on Webmaster Tools until recently. I just knew that if I looked up a search term for a specific page, it would give me the right URL in their results, so that's how I knew the redirects were working.
      Last edited by piaf; 03-17-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X