Mobile Site checkout for registered customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Site checkout for registered customers

I am glad to see more interest in the mobile site.

Has anyone figured out how to get registered customers to checkout.

The problem we are having is the state and country are not populating and the registered customer can not go to the next step:eek:
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Any updates on this? The mobile site is basically useless if a customer who has purchased from you before can't checkout. If they use the same email, it'll ask them to log in, but once logged in, the customer can't choose a State or Country in the shipping/billing sections.
    Chris
    TC Life Safety
    TC Wireless

Comment

The mobile site has been broken since Apple introduced OS5 for the Iphone. We and many other users disabled it and support says they are working on fixing it. Problem is it has been months, or seem like months since they said that.

Comment

It has been months. Extremely disappointed in 3DCart not getting this done in time for XMas. There is no excuse for the delay for a feature that is so integral to commerce these days.

Comment

So like most version 4 "features", it's unusable in its current form, a la Quick View, Quick Cart, etc.. Wonderful.

Thanks for the reply. FWIW, I tested on Android and had the same issue, so it's not isolated to iOS.
          Chris
          TC Life Safety
          TC Wireless

Comment

We're about to launch the mobile site after one final revision to the design through 3dcart. Are you saying we just paid $400 for something that doesn't work?

Comment

Keep in mind you are forced to use the 1 page checkout with the mobile version. If you don't know, there is a flaw in the 1 page checkout (forcing logins for repeat customers).

I am hoping this gets fixed. We are really looking forward to having a working mobile version. To me, it is not a workable version when you force returning customers to login prior to checkout.

This is combined with some other issues with it. Play with your mobile version. Try to checkout. The version might be great for you. If it is, it would be a wise $400 to spend.

Just my 2 cents.

Rob

Comment

The money was already spent, so it's too late for that. 3dcart comes out with fantastic features. It's always impressive and they are always one step ahead. But my biggest complaint is that it's never seems to be 100% right. It seems like we're always 95% there and that last 5% lingers forever and we're forced to deal with issues that should not be there in the first place.

I was told today that the iOS 5 fix is 2ish weeks out. I did not ask if forced logins is part of that.

Comment

Have there been any updates on this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by QuirkyBaby View Post
                    Have there been any updates on this issue?
                    Does anyone know?

Comment

I can't believe this is still not fixed after 6+ months of waiting. Tested mobile this morning and there is no way to enter the country and state in when checking out. Also, the credit card section isnt working - can't enter a credit card in.
                      Last edited by rburton34; 04-08-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks rburton34 for the heads up. I was just about to re-activate our mobile site after seeing Jimmy's comment that Mobile was fixed. Which device were you testing on and what are the exact steps to duplicate. Have you opened a ticket with support??

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                          Thanks rburton34 for the heads up. I was just about to re-activate our mobile site after seeing Jimmy's comment that Mobile was fixed. Which device were you testing on and what are the exact steps to duplicate. Have you opened a ticket with support??
                          I tested on a blackberry this morning and the cart wont let you enter a country and state. The drop down box is blank.

Then I tested on an iPhone 4. The Proceed to Checkout and More Detail buttons wouldn't work. Clicked multiple times - nothing. Couldn't even get to checkout on the iPhone to test the country/state issue.
                          Last edited by rburton34; 04-08-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Update:

Support answered my ticket and said the mobile sites were fixed but it didnt "take" for some templates. They are updating the mobile template and this should resolve the issues I am seeing
                            Last edited by rburton34; 04-08-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                              Update:

Support answered my ticket and said the mobile sites were fixed but it didnt "take" for some templates. They are updating the mobile template and this should resolve the issues I am seeing
                              I'm glad to hear that support is helping you with this issue. I suggest to anyone experiencing problems with the mobile site to report these to our support team so we can look into these for you.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                              X