No announcement yet.

Mobile Site checkout for registered customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please clarify. The settings for Mcommerce says "Provides a complete mobile interface for visitors shopping your site on an iphone or favorite smartphone".

Nothing is said about tablets or ipad so I assume that the javascript adjusts the screen for mCommerce format only for phones. Is that correct? (I sure hope so.)
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Originally posted by kem View Post
      Please clarify. The settings for Mcommerce says "Provides a complete mobile interface for visitors shopping your site on an iphone or favorite smartphone".

Nothing is said about tablets or ipad so I assume that the javascript adjusts the screen for mCommerce format only for phones. Is that correct? (I sure hope so.)
      The javascript that auto detects the mobile device and redirects to the mobile version includes iPad by default. It's a simple change to remove iPad from the list.

Basically you need to make a copy of the .js file under web/assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js, then edit the new file with any text editor and remove the following line,
      Code:
          navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i) ||
      The last step is when inserting the detect script in your frame.html file or in the global header, to change the reference to the new file you just created and modified instead of the default detect.js.

Feel free to email me or send me a pm if you need additional help with this.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy3dcart View Post

Basically you need to make a copy of the .js file under web/assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js, then edit the new file with any text editor and remove the following line,
        Code:
            navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i) ||
        Jimmy Rodriguez
        Jimmy, tried to do this but permission settings on this directory will not let me write the new, modified file back to the server.
        Last edited by Evolution; 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
          Update:

Support answered my ticket and said the mobile sites were fixed but it didnt "take" for some templates. They are updating the mobile template and this should resolve the issues I am seeing
          This really pisses me off. Mobile has never worked properly. I put in another ticket.. Think of all the business we've lost because no one can checkout on our mobile sites!
          Chris
          TC Life Safety
          TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
            This really pisses me off. Mobile has never worked properly. I put in another ticket.. Think of all the business we've lost because no one can checkout on our mobile sites!
            Right. Unless you know its broken and put in a ticket, your customers can't use it. It has to do with customization of the mobile template. They have to update that and any changes you made will be lost. They asked for my permission to change the template and wouldnt do it unless I gave the ok.

Comment

Evolution, this is a two or three step process.

1. You need to make a copy of the detect.js file in another location. Say assets/scripts/detect.js
              2. Edit the new detect.js file Either remove the ipad line, or better yet, just add // in the beginning of that line.
              3. Change the script line in your frame.html to reference the new location of the detect.js file
              Code:
              <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/templates/common/mobile/detect.js"> </script>
              to
              Code:
              <script type="text/javascript" src="assets/scripts/detect.js"> </script>
              then clear cache, or I like to go to Store Language and click Save.

Comment

Thanks EL..

Thanks for that.. I was misunderstanding and thinking he wanted it put back in the same directory and the read only properties threw me.

Comment

Mobile has been fixed according to 3dcart.

HOWEVER, as I saw on another thread and just confirmed with support, a new template needs to be uploaded. You need to contact support for that, it does not seem to happen automatically. If you have customizations they will be overwritten.
                  If you paid 3dcart to customize your templates, they should fix it for you with the customizations at no additional charge.

Comment

is the new template a new mobile template or a replacement for whatever template we are using for our store?

Comment

Originally posted by BrigadeGames View Post
                      is the new template a new mobile template or a replacement for whatever template we are using for our store?
                      They are updating the mobile site template. If you havent changed it, you will be ok. Otherwise, you lose any changes you made to the original mobile template.

Comment

My ticket was closed with support saying the issue of country/state not having an option was resolved. I finally got around to testing and unfortunately it is NOT resolved.

If the customer has not logged in, the country/state options are there but, when a customer logs in, the country/state sections are not filled in like the name, street, zip, etc and the option is not there to select country/state so this issue is still not working.

This is becoming annoying. Starting to think 3D doesnt know HOW to fix the issue. Reopened my ticket.
                        Last edited by rburton34; 04-11-2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Another update from support.

Mcommerce only works with the iPhone.

Blackberrys, Android, etc... it will not work and a fix is not forthcoming.
                          Last edited by rburton34; 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post

Mcommerce only works with the iPhone. Blackberrys, Android, etc... it will not work and a fix is not forthcoming.
                            I can't begin to describe how shortsighted this is. According to Nielsen, almost half of US mobile subscribers own smartphones, and ANDROID is leading the market with 48% share. 32% are iPhone and Blackberry and others 20%. (source: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...es-in-the-us/).

Looks like we have an either/or proposition. Cater to the 32% and hope the other 68% aren't pissed off that they can't use the mobile site, or scrap it all together.
                            Chris
                            TC Life Safety
                            TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
                              I can't begin to describe how shortsighted this is. According to Nielsen, almost half of US mobile subscribers own smartphones, and ANDROID is leading the market with 48% share. 32% are iPhone and Blackberry and others 20%. (source: http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...es-in-the-us/).
                              Shortsighted is an understatement.

You don't see any other carts saying their mobile solution kinda sorta works. In fact, most of them mention that they DO work on all platforms.

If it doesn't work, pull it off the feature list.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34

Mcommerce only works with the iPhone.

Blackberrys, Android, etc... it will not work and a fix is not forthcoming.
                                Seriously??!! I'm in the half who has and loves an iPhone but more and more of my friends have non-iPhone smartphones.

So, so short-sighted....Maybe the powers-that-be at 3dcart should check out this article from today's New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/11/te...ref=technology

“Mobile-first is the direction that many social networks are headed,” said Holger Luedorf, the company’s head of business development. If done right, he said, such services start to feel “baked into” the phone itself.

Dave Morin, who was at Facebook early on and left to create Path, a social network for mobile phones, said he realized that the world was headed for a mobile-centric future in 2009, when the influential analyst Mary Meeker published a report saying that more people would soon connect to the Internet on mobile devices than on personal computers.

Comment

Working...
                                X