Can't checkout if balance on order is zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't checkout if balance on order is zero

My store isn't live yet and I'm doing various tests.

If a customer pays for an order with a gift certificate - ie pays in full so the balance is zero - there doesn't appear to be a way to set up a payment method. Paypal disappears (nothing to pay, that's fine), but how do I get the order to complete?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
    Glenda
    Glenda Waterworth

www.chocolatebaroque.com
    Elegant designs to inspire your crafting

Ok, I've answered my own question

sorry, I was being dumb, I've figured it out.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, you need to create an offline payment method with the order amount showing 0 in both min and max amounts. I've titled mine 'Gift Certificate - nothing to pay' and tested it out. It only shows up when the balance is zero, otherwise if there's even a penny to pay, it is hidden and other payment methods appear.

If posting a question makes me smart enough to figure out the answer, I may be back with more ...

Glenda :)
    Glenda Waterworth

www.chocolatebaroque.com
    Elegant designs to inspire your crafting

Comment

Brilliant!

We just opened, too, and haven't had the opportunity to need this yet. Our first gift certificate was just sent out, so I think you saved us alot of confusion!

Thank you!!

PS--If posting on here does indeed make people smarter, I will plan to be on here as much as possible! :D
      VMcEwen
      Zephyr Kites

Comment

You guys are funny. Thanks for the laugh, and welcome to the 3dCart community!
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
        X