USPS Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USPS Errors

Is anyone else seeing issues with connecting to the USPS server for shipping rates? I noticed a few days ago sales tanked, abandoned carts tripled and USPS rates are not appearing. The error reads: can not connect to USPS server.

No problems to my knowledge here. We've had USPS orders coming in every day. Maybe it isn't an "all-day outage" issue. In that case, we probably wouldn't notice if a couple orders came in as UPS instead of USPS.

Comment

Chat said it was because I dont have a password under my USPS settings. I have a username I have used for 9 years but dont know the password. The rates started to show after I updated the shipping method. Volusion either doesnt store/show the password - it isnt there - or USPS doesnt require a password. Thats why I didnt enter one.

I looked at older non completed orders and this is a regular issue. Access comes and goes and I do think its due to lack of password.

Trying to figure out how to access the password.

Comment

It's the password for the USPS API. The email I got when I registered for this (eons ago) had "Important USPS Web Tool Registration Notice" as the subject of the email. And it said:

"Thank you for registering for the U. S. Postal Service's Web Tools
        Application Program Interfaces (APIs). We are providing you with a User
        ID and Password that serves multiple purposes, as explained below..."

I guess if all else fails, you could re-register for API access again. http://www.usps.com/webtools/welcome.htm

Comment

Today I was also having problems with USPS.

"3/23/2011 USPS Error, couldn't connect to server "

I've had orders come in after the error so I was hoping it was just an isolated issue. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for it though.

Comment

Hmmm... thats the error I was seeing but mine was doing this on some orders back on the 19th. Maybe it wasnt the password issue after all.

Comment

Working...
            X