Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate Items in Cart

Anyone else having this issue?
    I sell one of a kind items. And I am finding customers have the ability to add an item several times into their cart. Not update quantity, it shows as a seperate item on a seperate line, but same inventory number and item.
    It happened a while ago and brought it up to support and they were going to look into it.
    This past week it happened two more times.
    I did send a ticket to support but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks,
    Dana

Dear Dana,
    No I check with our site and what it does is update quantity and does NOT split in lines
    I did it 3 times. So is working fine
    Marcos
    chicksexy.com

Comment

It will split in lines if you utilize the pull down quality feature.

The pull down quantity is a feature in 3dcart that requires you to input quantity as '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,......'

When you use this feature, your product quantity becomes a pull down menu which allows customers to pull down and select the quantity instead of typing it in.

However, using this feature causes the split problem, that is, if the customer decides to add more quantity to the same product, it will show up as a new line in the shopping cart, causing the same item to appear on more than one line.

Also, if you use this feature, the the shopping cart out of stock warning won't kick if customer inputs more quantity than you have, which means if you don't do backorders, you will have to explain to the customer you don't have that much stock after the transaction has occured.

For now, I think the best fix is to not use the pull down quantity menu.
      Last edited by widgets; 05-06-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Support figured it out...it as because I had multiple shipments enabled...it allowed the item to be added as a seperate shipment.

Thanks!
        Dana

Comment

Working...
        X