Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock levels OUTSIDE the box on product admin??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock levels OUTSIDE the box on product admin??

Is anyone else seeing this? The stock status amount is actually displayed OUTSIDE the form field box. Is this a bug or is it supposed to be this way now?

http://www.wiccanway.com/assets/imag...ntorylevel.jpg

Yes, recent update, please see:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=492
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil, thanks so much for the information. In the future, it would be REALLY helpful if you (or some other 3dCart staff) would post something in the Admin area of the forums on the date an update is done, along with links to any release notes or other documentation about the update. Not only is it helpful to know when updates happen and what's included with them, it's also helpful to avoid confusion when things change. Thanks! :)

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
        GonzaloGil, thanks so much for the information. In the future, it would be REALLY helpful if you (or some other 3dCart staff) would post something in the Admin area of the forums on the date an update is done, along with links to any release notes or other documentation about the update. Not only is it helpful to know when updates happen and what's included with them, it's also helpful to avoid confusion when things change. Thanks! :)
        I totally agree
        Keeping us informed and up to date is a must. I haven't been through an update here yet I am a little scared as I haven't seen much in the way of update implementation. Am hoping a update email notice will clear things up as to adding the code for the new features.

And yes I to was confused when I was transferring inventory from one store to another for a phone order just a few minutes ago.
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

Comment

Hi all,

I humbly apologize for the mix-up. I’m afraid I was the one that dropped the ball on this. Once I was advised of the change, I created the KB article and notified our support personnel about the update. Unfortunately, I didn’t get around to sending the actual update to our merchants. For that I apologize.

To be completely frank, this recent change came about rather unexpectedly for all of us. The stock number field update was actually something we had in store for an upcoming release of 3dcart. However, while our developers were in the process of correcting an unrelated but critical issue on the product information tab, the need arose to release this update much earlier than we anticipated.

Again, my apologies for not sending the merchant facing update on this one. Usually when drastic changes are made to the service, we have ample preparation time to keep our merchants informed and up to speed. Unfortunately, in this case the update had to be made much sooner than planned.

In an effort to help avoid any further confusion with the stock field, we made a slight modification to the previous update just this afternoon.

Now, rather than displaying the stock outside and to the right of the stock field where it looked completely out of place; we made it so that the current stock number is more clearly labeled. We then added a “New Stock” field where merchants can update their inventory as needed.

Our hope is that this re-labeling will make the function a bit more intuitive instead of having the stock number outside the field, where it looks like something went wrong with the scripting.

It should now look something like this:

http://images.3dcartstores.com/asset...pdate-post.jpg

Comment

I like it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X