Current Stock and New Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Stock and New Stock

Just curious why the stock fields were changed on the product page in the admin panel. I needed to change stock levels but there was only the ability to add New Stock! I figured out you need to enter a negative number to reduce stock levels. Not sure why this change was made, but, the help page was not updated to match the new layout and functionality.

see this thread
    http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...uct-admin.html
    for me still not clear weather new stock means "newly added stock" or "stock on hand" even with the revision.
    Clayton
    Go Live Industries

Comment

Hi there,

I've made a couple of edits to the KB article to hopefully explain the setting more clearly.

To clarify, the "New Stock" field is used to enter whatever you want the "Current Stock" to show for quantity on hand. It's basically a way to update the static number that is represented for "Current Stock."

For example, if your current stock level says 10, but you have 5 additional units to add, you would enter the "New Stock" as 15. Similarly, if you have current stock listed as 10, but in reality you only have 8, then you would enter 8 in the "New Stock" field. Again, its intent is to update the static number that shows for the current stock portion.

Now, I also tested Mark's suggestion that adding a negative integer will remove stock. To be honest, I'm not sure if this was a desired function by the developers or just a happy coincidence, but it DOES actually remove stock if you add a negative value. In other words, if you have 10 listed for current, but you really have 8, you can enter a "-2" and it'll remove two units.

As I mentioned, I'm not sure if this was an intentional effect when the programming was done. Being as it's Sunday afternoon, I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning when I'm at the office to confirm with our dev team. However, once I can confirm this is supposed to be part of the programming, I'll update the documentation as needed.

Comment

It might have been intentional so that programs like Stone Edge Order Manager can do inventory updates when we make Quantity On Hand changes in that program. So if we do a -2 in SEOM, it sends -2 to the store??

Comment

Stock

The problem with this new stock update is that if you export your inventory like i do to update the stock weekly. It exports the whole file including stock which are in the minus, once the stock has been amended and the file uploaded the minus stock deducts the inventory again which will give you a false reading.

I now have to remove all the stock in the minus before uploading the file. I cant understand why they changed it it was great before as the stock value was just replaced to the new value in the field.

Comment

Ya not sure either.

I update mostly from The Inventory and Multiple Update so go figure what the rush may have been.
            Clayton
            Go Live Industries

Comment

Working...
            X