Issuing Refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issuing Refunds

Well 3D Cart has made issuing a refund even more difficult by removing the last 4 numbers and the exp date from the backend. I tried to issue a refund through Authorize.net's CIM and this isnt possible. There is a refund button and information to enter however, it wont issue a refund. I only get errors.

Per Authorize.net support the CIM can not be used to issue a refund. Per Authorize.net support: the only way to issue a refund, if the option is not available through my websites administration area, is to CALL Total Merchant and have them manually issue a refund and there is a $10.00 fee for this.

Since we can no longer see the exp date in the backend does anyone no how to issue a refund???????????????????????????????????????????? ??

Is the order by chance in "Shipped" status? If so, that's why you don't see credit card info (last 4 & exp), this is by design. If you move the order to another status, such as "Canceled" or any status other than shipped, it will be visible again.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We exclusively use authorize.net to issue refunds. Here's what we do:

1. Login to Authorize. net
      2. Search for the transaction by clicking the Search tab and then typing the order number (in whatever format Authorize.net shows your order numbers) into the Invoice # field.
      3. When you get the original order transaction, click on the transaction number to open up the details of the transaction.
      4. Click on the Refund button up near the top of the Transaction Details page.
      5. Fill in the information about the refund on the little pop-up window that appears. Submit that pop-up window and you're done. :)

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
        We exclusively use authorize.net to issue refunds. Here's what we do:

1. Login to Authorize. net
        2. Search for the transaction by clicking the Search tab and then typing the order number (in whatever format Authorize.net shows your order numbers) into the Invoice # field.
        3. When you get the original order transaction, click on the transaction number to open up the details of the transaction.
        4. Click on the Refund button up near the top of the Transaction Details page.
        5. Fill in the information about the refund on the little pop-up window that appears. Submit that pop-up window and you're done. :)
        I use Authorize.net as well and like it. On 3DCart, Return to the order, click "Add Custom Transaction" and enter the transaction id, etc. That way you'll have a record on your order too.
        kem
        AddressNumbers.com
        Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Originally posted by kem View Post
          I use Authorize.net as well and like it. On 3DCart, Return to the order, click "Add Custom Transaction" and enter the transaction id, etc. That way you'll have a record on your order too.
          Yes, we do that as well. :)

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
            Yes, we do that as well. :)
            I reckoned you did as well :)
            kem
            AddressNumbers.com
            Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

You don't need to do this. I was doing the same thing until I recently found a post that talked about the "credit" box in the virtual terminal that allows you to do a full or partial refund without needing to get the clients CC number again.

Comment

Originally posted by lshort99 View Post
                You don't need to do this. I was doing the same thing until I recently found a post that talked about the "credit" box in the virtual terminal that allows you to do a full or partial refund without needing to get the clients CC number again.
                I dont see a credit box in Virtual Terminal... Where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
                  I dont see a credit box in Virtual Terminal... Where is it?
                  I didn't see a credit box either.... would be helpful.
                  Melissa

The Watch Prince

Comment

When you are in an order and open the virtual terminal, there is a box in the payment details section that says "credit transaction" next to it. If you click this box, it automatically fills in the last 4 digits of credit card info. You just need to type the partial credit amount and hit process credit card. I did it yesterday and it worked perfectly.

The only issue I'm still having is with the system not recognizing returns in the sales figures. If I sell 10 books at $10 = $100 and then they return 5 and I do an RMA, all the reports and the order don't reflect the $50 sales credit. I also haven't seen inventory updating with RMA posts. Anyone else having this issue?

Comment

When you are in an order and open the virtual terminal, there is a box in the payment details section that says "credit transaction" next to it. If you click this box, it automatically fills in the last 4 digits of credit card info. You just need to type the partial credit amount and hit process credit card. I did it yesterday and it worked perfectly.

The only issue I'm still having is with the system not recognizing returns in the sales figures. If I sell 10 books at $10 = $100 and then they return 5 and I do an RMA, all the reports and the order don't reflect the $50 sales credit. I also haven't seen inventory updating with RMA posts. Anyone else having this issue?
                      this must be if you use 3DCart Merchant Services as your credit card processor, how about for the other CC processors?
                      Elegant Weddings +
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

We use Authorize.net and a 3rd party credit card processor (Pivotal).

Comment

We use Authorize.net and a 3rd party credit card processor (Pivotal).
                          in that case it must be the 3D plan, we have Professional and Professional + and do not have the credit option in the virtual terminal
                          Elegant Weddings +
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

We have the Power plan.

Comment

Working...
                            X