Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Customer Groups for special discount page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Customer Groups for special discount page?

Hey everyone,

I am trying to figure out if this is possible. I have setup a new page that shows items that are discontinued and discounted. We have several Customer Dealer Groups and I would like multiple groups to be able to see this page while hiding it from the main retail group. The problem I am having is that I can only select one group to see this page. Does anyone know of a workaround or a different way I can select multiple groups to see a certain page or section of the site.

Thanks,
    Neal
    www.AlexOrthopedic.com

Well, the one thing that you could easily do would be to restrict the items on that page from the main retail group at the product level. Just go to each product and on the price level page check the box to hide those products. On the category level I don't know if you can do that with more than one customer group, although it seems like we should be able to do that. By hiding the items at the product level, the retail group will still see that category page, of course, so you would need to add some language there to indicate that that page was restricted. That seems less than ideal, but it would at least be a usable workaround.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
      Well, the one thing that you could easily do would be to restrict the items on that page from the main retail group at the product level. Just go to each product and on the price level page check the box to hide those products. On the category level I don't know if you can do that with more than one customer group, although it seems like we should be able to do that. By hiding the items at the product level, the retail group will still see that category page, of course, so you would need to add some language there to indicate that that page was restricted. That seems less than ideal, but it would at least be a usable workaround.
      Yeah thats a whole other issue... you can't actually restrict anything you can only allow ALL or a Specific Group. And Retail Group is the default group and you cant really disable that Group. Our site is a B2B business and we don't really sell to retail, but since we cant actually turn off the retail account we have to have both types of people registering. I wish there was a restrict option but like I said you can only allow all or one of the groups other than Retail. As I am looking at it now Retail is not even listed as a Group. If i could allow multiple groups other than the main retail group that would work for what we need.
      Neal
      www.AlexOrthopedic.com

Comment

Yes, I agree that functionality isn't quite what it ought to be. The other thing you might consider would be to require all of your customers to login in order to view any of your products. That way you would not have to include retail customers at all. The account registration could inform people that you are B2B only. If you did that, the "retail" price would actually be your basic wholesale price.

Would that work for you at all?
        Laura Z
        Brass & Silver Traditions
        www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
        X