Phone number field in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone number field in checkout

Has anyone else had an issue with customers complaining that the system will not accept their phone number when they enter it during checkout? We have received numerous complaints about this, and I just can't figure out what the problem is. I've added text to the checkout page explaining the format to use for entering the phone number (555-555-5555), but some customers STILL continue getting error messages and are abandoning their orders.

I'm at a loss on this one.
    :confused:
    Kristina

The following thread may help. The title of the thread does not seem like it is on the same topic. But, within that thread, there's discussion that the phone number issue is also a big problem. I think 3dcart is not aware of how many orders are lost due to this.

http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...-customer.html

Within that thread, there are links to other discussions on the problem of phone numbers. You are not alone. Maybe someone has come up with a better solution.

Try this in the validator on checkout-singlepage.html (remove req)
    <!-- frmvalidator.addValidation("billing_phone","req"," Please enter your billing phone")-->
    frmvalidator.addValidation("billing_phone","Please enter your billing phone")

Do the same for shipping phone.
    I was never able to remove the * for required on the checkout.
    Last edited by kem; 04-16-2011, 03:12 PM. Reason: More info
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Working...
    X