Short Description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Description

I am getting ready to load product and even though I have a short description written it is not showing up on the product thumbnail page. I am sure I have checked or unchecked that will fix this in a snap. Thanks
    AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
    EcoBaby Chic Organics
    doTerra Origins Essential Oils

I may be wrong, but I think the "short descrption" is only used in site search.

Comment

It's also used to auto-generate the Meta Description Tag.

Comment

This thread may be what you are looking for?

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...red-items.html

Comment

Hmmmm, no, the first 2 answers are what I was asking, not what I wanted to hear though. I am a transplant, and at previous location a short description appears under the title of each item thumbnail.

As suggested above the short description does show up when doing a search.

If anyone can tell me this is not the case I would love it:)
          EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

@Eco Did you read through the thread I posted? The title of the thread is not why I posted it, I posted it because it gives you details on how to make the Short Description show up on the home page and category pages instead of just the product's title. If this isn't what you were looking for I'm sorry I just misunderstood.

Comment

I'm sorry, I did stop at the tittle. I will go read it. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it very much:)
              EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

Originally posted by EcoBaby1 View Post
                I'm sorry, I did stop at the tittle. I will go read it. Thank you for your help, I do appreciate it very much:)
                No, don't be sorry. When I reviewed my first reply I realized that the title of the thread was misleading as to what you were asking for (still not sure if that's exactly what you wanted though). BTW I'm a ProStores transplant (I only trolled their forums, never participated). I can honestly say so far I'm happy with my decision. I moved because of the recent price increase, 3dCart just made a lot more sense to me.

Comment

Ahhh, nice to meet you. I am AvaBaby over there. I moved my smaller store first. So you know what I am talking about with the short description.

I really like what I am seeing here, and I am excited, but I am still a novice at all of this coding stuff. I was just getting to know my way around PS.

The piece you gave me to look at seems like it should work, but I have no clue where to put it. I have not gotten the hang of what they call the templates here. Words like "frame", lots of new terminology. So I thought I would take a break and load inventory. Now there is a snag with some pics loading blurry:confused:
                  EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

Originally posted by EcoBaby1 View Post
                    The piece you gave me to look at seems like it should work, but I have no clue where to put it. I have not gotten the hang of what they call the templates here. Words like "frame", lots of new terminology. So I thought I would take a break and load inventory. Now there is a snag with some pics loading blurry:confused:
                    I saw your post about the blurry images, I'm not really sure about it though. Good Luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                    X