Rewards theoretic loop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewards theoretic loop?

Okay so I'm a little green with 3dCart but I have a serious concern that maybe someone here could address.

I set up a Gift Card for $10.00, customers can purchase this using 200 Reward Points or (.05 on the dollar). The problem I see is that the way it is set up customers can purchase the $10 Gift Card with 200 Reward Points but at the same time they earn 10 Reward Points for purchasing this product. In theory someone could continue to purchase Gift Cards (which they are getting the entire $10) and accrue more points which in turn they could keep getting free Gift Cards. I know it's a long shot but it still is theoretically possible.

Is there a way to allow the redemption of the reward points on a product but NOT allow the accrual of points for that product?

Originally posted by kaeldaven View Post
    Is there a way to allow the redemption of the reward points on a product but NOT allow the accrual of points for that product?
    yes, in the product (gift certificate) either disable rewards, or put 0 for points.

Comment

But if I disable the rewards they won't be able to redeem the product with points?

Comment

But if I disable the rewards they won't be able to redeem the product with points?
        Only for the Gift Certificate. In the "Rewards Option" when you edit the GC, you can set the "Disable Rewards" or "Redeem Points" and that should only apply to that product (gift certificate). The rewards option won't show in the products edit screen unless the "Allow Rewards" is selected in Settings/General/Store Modules section.

Comment

For a true point program to work well and at the same time be fair.
          All parties should receive points.
          The purchaser should be rewarded points.
          The GS user should be rewarded points when the purchase is made (weather or not this be the same person)
          If giving out points bothers you then raise the point value on the redeemed items.

Keep in mind that GS are used in your store where you have markup.

The true battle here folks is getting people to acknowledge and use this type of system not prevent.

Enjoy!.......
          Last edited by Go Live; 04-24-2011, 03:13 PM.
          Clayton
          Go Live Industries

Comment

Re-visiting this topic.
            I just discovered today that when paying with a gift certificate, you only earn reward points on any excess amount that is paid on top of the gift card amount.
            So the person that purchases the card earns rewards, but the person redeeming the card does not earn rewards on it.
            I am glad it is set up this way.
            so the comment below is not correct.
            In theory someone could continue to purchase Gift Cards (which they are getting the entire $10) and accrue more points which in turn they could keep getting free Gift Cards. I know it's a long shot but it still is theoretically possible.

Comment

Working...
            X