Is Everything VERY Slow Here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Everything VERY Slow Here??

I have been considering a move. In fact I have started working on 1 store here. I really like so many of the features, and was very excited. Being that this first store is small I got $35.95 plan.

I have been running into slow load times front and back end, way to many error messages, and more recently when loading pictures for products the pics are blurry, and I only get a thumbnail size even on the detail page.

There is a website that I look at from time to time, but find it very frustrating because the load time is REALLY slow, and I had always thought how bad this was for business. Then as I got to learning the layout of 3DCart, I realized that store was a 3dCart Store:eek: Sure enough little 3D at the bottom of the home page.

Is this what I am to expect from 3D?? I did some reading and a lot of people have slow front and back end issues, even when they move up to more expensive plans.

This kind of slow is not ok for me. I hope there is a work around, because I really like so much that I see here. But fast load time is crucial and must be quick.
    AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
    EcoBaby Chic Organics
    doTerra Origins Essential Oils

We are fine here, speedwise

We are not live yet, but almost and we are not having any speed issues. We have one of the more expensive plans on SQL but supposedly that should not matter much.
    Check image sizes, they should be about 5K for thumbnails, and 15-20K for full size.

Comment

i've had some speed issues in the past but reporting them (somewhat adamantly) has allowed customer service to fix the problems. I'm pretty happy with 3dcart. The speed of my sites are usually pretty good and I'm considering launching a third site with them.

Comment

Haven't noticed any speed problems yet. Email server acted slow a few times and couldn't connect to it. The backend is actually way faster than ProStores who can dry up and die.

As for the pictures, I had a few that were blurry on the upload. I just re-saved the picture on my computer and re-uploaded it. Fixed the problem.
        David
        David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Speed isn't an issue for us. On occasion there will be some glitch that causes our site to slow, but Tech Support is very good at handling it quickly. I would recommend running a speed test on your site through this website: http://www.webpagetest.org/

Whenever we have a problem that is the first thing we do, and if there are problems we send that test result to 3dCart to review. That gives them some solid information from which to begin troubleshooting.

We love 3dCart, and couldn't be happier with our decision to migrate here. I am sure you will feel the same if you do make the switch.
          Laura Z
          Brass & Silver Traditions
          www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Maybe I shall call tech tomorrow. Been down with the flu for nearly a week. Just beginning to have any comprehension at all back.
            AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
            EcoBaby Chic Organics
            doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Comment

Speed Test

Brassandsilver,

Thank you for the speed test link. That was very helpful as we found some artifacts left over from development that are dragging us down.

tks agn,

John at The G1

Comment

Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
                Brassandsilver,

Thank you for the speed test link. That was very helpful as we found some artifacts left over from development that are dragging us down.

tks agn,

John at The G1
                You're welcome! Happy to help whenever I can.
                Laura Z
                Brass & Silver Traditions
                www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Working...
                X