Option Product Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option Product Pricing

I am trying to have an item that we have 3 sizes of. Each has their own stock number with pricing that changes frequently. I want to use the product options, but when I add the products as options the pricing is going off the base item. I would like it to use the pricing of the actual item.

So for example I would like to have a generic valve type item with the options for the items in 3 sizes. All three have different prices that are changing separate of each other.

So for example let's say brass ball valve is my item. The option would be 3/4,1,1 1/2. When you pick the option I want it to pull the price from those item numbers, not the price from the base item and add cost to it.

Have you tried setting your "base" price (on the item's Information tab) as 0.00 and then set the "Value" price for each option (on the items' Option tab) as the price of the option? That might get what you're trying to achieve.

Comment

@OP I'd be interested to know if the solution above worked for you.

Comment

That won't work as I need the price to be the regular or sale price of the item. I can't use the option value for the price as it changes too often. I also would like the drop down to show the price of that item.

Ideally I would love if I could use the qty option and have the price of each next to each box.

Comment

I'm trying to do something similar.

I'm ok with adding to the base number, however,

Instead of the radial button saying (+30), I want it to say $40 (which is the total).

Can anyone help me with modifying the javascript to do this?

Comment

In your Settings > Product Settings > Check "Hide options additional value". It will get rid of the + (corrected)
            Last edited by celebra1; 10-30-2011, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
              In your Settings > Product Settings > Check "Hide adv. options out of stock". It will get rid of the +
              I think you meant : "Hide options additional value"
              Elegant Weddings +
              www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
              www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I want to replace the +30 with $40 (which is the base 10 +30).

--

Actually, nevermind. Just realized that when I change the option, it automatically also changes the price.

I'm just trying to mitigate any confusion over the price.
                Last edited by chocolatefiend; 10-29-2011, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I'd be interested to know if the solution above worked for you.http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif

Comment

Originally posted by satnavcompany View Post
                    I'd be interested to know if the solution above worked for you.http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif
                    That would seem to be what they said.
                    David
                    David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

I wish that the retail price would change as well. For example:
                      Retail: $105
                      Your savings: $10.95
                      Your price: $94. 95
                      ----
                      Now, let's say you want to add an option that is $20.00 more. It will show
                      Your price: $114.95
                      ---
                      Thus, "Your Price" is more than the Retail price, if you add an option.
                      kem
                      AddressNumbers.com
                      Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                        In your Settings > Product Settings > Check "Hide options additional value". It will get rid of the + (corrected)
                        celebra,

Thank you for this. Not everything we wanted, and how often do we get that, but it sure looks MUCH better!!!

Thanks again,
                        Jon at The G1 Gallery

Comment

I use separate products for the options. It also give the advantage of more items on Google and makes for a far less painful upload with the new nut named Google.
                          David
                          David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Options/Retail price

I know this is an older thread, but I'm dealing with this issue now. Have you found a way around this?

Originally posted by kem View Post
                            I wish that the retail price would change as well. For example:
                            Your price: $94. 95
                            ----
                            Now, let's say you want to add an option that is $20.00 more. It will show
                            Your price: $114.95
                            ---
                            Thus, "Your Price" is more than the Retail price, if you add an option.

Comment

Originally posted by melmat View Post
                              I know this is an older thread, but I'm dealing with this issue now. Have you found a way around this?
                              Unfortunately not. I think we may be losing some customers because of it. We get calls on it and that means other customers who have the same impression aren't calling for clarification and just leaving.
                              kem
                              AddressNumbers.com
                              Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X