Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Prostores transplant Needs help with Redirect section

hello:

I am populating my new store right now and came across the redirect link in the meta tag section.

Since I am copying my listings from Prostores, I am concerned that I need to put something there, but I don't know what...

Can anybody clue me in?

Thanks,
    Uta
    http://littledogfashion/3dcartstores.com

Originally posted by Littledogfashion View Post
    hello:

I am populating my new store right now and came across the redirect link in the meta tag section.

Since I am copying my listings from Prostores, I am concerned that I need to put something there, but I don't know what...

Can anybody clue me in?

Thanks,
    Uta
    http://littledogfashion/3dcartstores.com

Hi Uta, nice to see you here

For standard REDIRECTS you should use the Settings>General>Redirects section.

In the Product page, Meta Tags tab>Redirect Link:
    Leave it blank - this means to direct outside of the 3DCart store.

Hope this is helpful
    :)
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thanks!

Elegant Weddings:

Thanks for your response. yes, that helps.

Do you do a redirect for every product page or just the contact us, shipping stuff etc?

Uta :D

Comment

The purpose of the redirects is to show search engines (like Google) where the corresponding pages of your NEW store is located. So let's say you had the blue widgets product page from your OLD site at: http://www.mywidgets.com/bluewidgets123.html but now that you're opening a 3dCart store, the URL is going to change to http://www.mywidgets.com/blue-widgets-p-123.html. Once you make the move to your new store, you want Google (and the rest) to be able to find the new version of your web pages, so that's what the redirects do. You give your old page address, then your corresponding new page address so Google can re-index the page at the new URL location. You want to set up a redirect for every new page location you want Google and the other search engines to be able to find once you've moved to the new store.

Comment

Thanks!

Piaf:

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate your explanation and help. Elegant Weddings, Ecobaby, David is there a way to export that info in prostores?

I know I can set up a spreadsheet here and import the info all at once, so that will not be a problem, but where do I start on prostores? Anybody?

Thanks,
          Uta

Comment

Hi, I am just trying to import products and having a heck of a time. Reading this scares me good. If I ever move my large store, do I have to have all the categories the same, so Google can find them or do I just link it where ever I want it to go?

I am not seeing how I can redo my exact PS categories. So much is different:confused:
            AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
            EcoBaby Chic Organics
            doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Comment

You can use whatever category structure you want on your new store, just use your 301 redirects: Settings > General > Redirects to map the old URL locations to the new URL locations for the search engines.

Comment

Originally posted by Littledogfashion View Post
                Piaf:

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate your explanation and help. Elegant Weddings, Ecobaby, David is there a way to export that info in prostores?

I know I can set up a spreadsheet here and import the info all at once, so that will not be a problem, but where do I start on prostores? Anybody?

Thanks,
                Uta
                You have to download the product feed to Google. The link to the product is in that feed. Open it in Excel. The "ID" field is the product number. You can use that to marry the link to the product/category download you are doing
                David
                David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
                X