Account Login removal 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Login removal 100%

Is it possible and HOW do we completly remove any options/instances/restrictions, etc. so a customer can shop, add to cart and check out without seeing ANY messages/alerts that they have an "existing acount".

I have been testing my store with "fake" orders, and if I use an email address that I previously entered, I get the message that I need to "log into my account" before I can order. This is not good! I have unselcted everything in our setup so as to allow anyone to place an order WITHOUT setting up an account, but for some reason, it will not stick!!! Am I missing something somewhere in the backend setup???

Any unregistered customer can check out as a guest without any such messages. The problem you are seeing happens when an email address is registered already. Once that email is associated with an account, the system will require that the customer login. The only way to avoid that would be to use guest checkout only, and not allow anyone to register. To my knowledge there is no other way around this problem.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

The drawback to guest checkouts is that they will never be able to "login" to your store/their account to check the status of their order, or see a history of their orders with you, or even be able to track their orders from your site. So it's a bit of a give and take, you'll have to decide what's best for your business and your customers.

Comment

brassandsilver:
        The only way to avoid that would be to use guest checkout only, and not allow anyone to register.
        I am almost positive that we have everything set up for guest checkout only, but I will go back through and look. Any ideas what I may have missed?

Comment

The drawback to guest checkouts is that they will never be able to "login" to your store/their account to check the status of their order, or see a history of their orders with you, or even be able to track their orders from your site. So it's a bit of a give and take, you'll have to decide what's best for your business and your customers.
          I do understand that and in the beginning we don't want to use any customer accounts/log-ins/sign-ups. Of course, that may change in the future!

Comment

also remove the whole login text and login field in the checkout page if you haven't done so, of course.

Comment

Working...
            X