Exports & Imports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exports & Imports

I have exported all the products from my previous store into Excel. Then I try to import them and I get an error saying no ID & not category.

The headings for each column are different. They aren't called the same thing in each of the stores. Do they need to be the same? If so, do they need to be in the same order?

I have never imported or exported, sorry:confused:
    AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
    EcoBaby Chic Organics
    doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Originally posted by EcoBaby1 View Post
    I have exported all the products from my previous store into Excel. Then I try to import them and I get an error saying no ID & not category.

The headings for each column are different. They aren't called the same thing in each of the stores. Do they need to be the same? If so, do they need to be in the same order?

I have never imported or exported, sorry:confused:

Hi
    If you are importing for the first time, remove the "ID" column as this is auto-generated.
    Categories needs to be separated by "@" and each subcategory within the main category needs to be separated by "/"

For example:
    Main Category X/Sub category Y @Main Category B/Sub Category C

etc...

To determine the Headings should export a sample file and use that as a guideline, however, I don't think it needs to be in the same order. BUT you cannot use the same headings as your prevous store (I had my store there too)

Here is the link to knowledge base for importing products:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...&nav=0,123,125

Hope this helps
    :)
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Sigh....so did you copy and paste everything into a new excel, or did you export from PS and then change all the headings on that spreadsheet?

I did manage to import 1 item by way of test. I used the bare minimums, like SKU/id, Short Description/description, Long Description/extended, price and a few others. It did import with nothing but that.

But I am wondering how much time is this saving? It is not a simple export to import. I could just pain stakingly copy and paste every item in my store too.
      AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
      EcoBaby Chic Organics
      doTerra Origins Essential Oils

Comment

Originally posted by EcoBaby1 View Post
        Sigh....so did you copy and paste everything into a new excel, or did you export from PS and then change all the headings on that spreadsheet?

I did manage to import 1 item by way of test. I used the bare minimums, like SKU/id, Short Description/description, Long Description/extended, price and a few others. It did import with nothing but that.

But I am wondering how much time is this saving? It is not a simple export to import. I could just pain stakingly copy and paste every item in my store too.
        I exported the products to csv from PS, then just changed the headers to have 3DCart headers and imported it. But remember to change your image file links to reflect "assets/images/XXX.jpg" and "assets/images/XXXXX_thumbnail.jpg" And import the images using the file manager or FTP.

It wasn't very hard once I understood the matching of the headings from PS to 3DCart. The link I posted earlier has the corresponding name for each field in the export file, and in the admin area, each product page has an "i" next to each field that contains further help which you can hover over to activate.

:)
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

so did you copy and paste everything into a new excel, or did you export from PS and then change all the headings on that spreadsheet?
          Might not be a bad idea to save the original PS excel file (to have "just in case") and copy and paste everything into a new excel. Or at least make a copy of the original. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
          X